Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Microwave vs Stove; taste?

Does cooking the food based on the stove-top/pan/etc direction taste better then microwaving it?

I've microwaved foods like Scrambled Eggs w/ Cheese, Chocolate Cake, and Chicken Noodle Soup; they were all horrible =(

Would actually cooking it be better-tasting?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

The pizza tastes a million times better when it's baked in the oven, rather than the microwave, just because it gets that nice crispy crust. I haven't tried anything else on the stove yet.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nyforever View Post
    Does cooking the food based on the stove-top/pan/etc direction taste better then microwaving it?

I've microwaved foods like Scrambled Eggs w/ Cheese, Chocolate Cake, and Chicken Noodle Soup; they were all horrible =(

I have been on the plan 9 weeks and I cook on the stove top as much as I can. The eggs are so much better and I even add egg subsitute as my protein to the eggs and they are even fluffier and a lot of them. I don't like the chicken noodle soup as is, but I never added extra chicken, veggies or seasonings to it. Play around with the entrees. The chocolate cake I love, but not as is. I add extra sweetner to it, some times my peanut butter (saved from dinner as a fat) and/or cool whip (free food). I could probably try and bake it, but I don't want to wait that long before I get to eat it! The pasta's I do add the water as they say - let it sit and then I microwave at the end. There are wonderful recipes on site and experiment on your own too.

Don't give up on an entree until you experiment with it. You are not going to like all of them, but you will love some of them and it all evens out. Also, please don't not try something because someone else doesn't like it. Everyone's tastes are different. You be the judge.

Good luck!!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neeners03 View Post
    The pizza tastes a million times better when it's baked in the oven, rather than the microwave, just because it gets that nice crispy crust. I haven't tried anything else on the stove yet.
    Yes - bake your pizza's and add extras such as onions, mushrooms, garlic even pineapple. I do bake them longer than the directions, but just keep an eye on them. They are my favorite meal.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conniejo688 View Post
    Yes - bake your pizza's and add extras such as onions, mushrooms, garlic even pineapple. I do bake them longer than the directions, but just keep an eye on them. They are my favorite meal.
    Mmm...I'm actually going to be trying ham and pineapple tonight on my pizza...but unfortunately I won't be able to bake it, since I'll be at work oh well. It still tastes good, but I hate that rubbery texture of the dough when it comes out of the microwave.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the advices! I'll try the non-microwave direction for dinner tonight; probably beef teriyaki =P

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nyforever View Post

I agree with what Connie wrote. I add broth, and sometime additional veggies, to the Chicken noodle soup. It works ok in the microwave also, but I do think you need to at least add a bit of liquid, even if it's water...and put in a larger container! I love to add broth because it not only makes it taste better, but I get a portion that looks so much larger!
    I've heard people that have some tricks for making the eggs in the microwave, but I prefer to make them on the stove...either add 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, or egg beaters as a protein....and some veggies if you choose, and make an "omlette"...ok, so it's really just scrambled eggs, but omlette sounds fancier.
    Check out the recipe forum...there are also recipes scattered throughout all the forums. Have fun and ENJOY!!!
    79.8 total pounds down so far.

Final push to goal, 10 pounds at a time.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

The eggs are much better on the stove. We make either an omelet or scrambled eggs. Add onions or peppers or mushrooms or cheese (not all at once!)... yumm and then we will have turkey (lo sodium) bacon. And some times we will use one of my eggs and one of my husbands pancakes and have pancakes & eggs!

Experiement -- think out of the box. It gets better and there are some wonderful recipes on these boards!
    Jennifer

Biggest Loser 8 Challenge:
    [SIZE="1"]
    4/26... 194.3
    5/03... 193.4
    5/10... 190.4
    5/17... 190.6
    5/24... 190.2
    5/31... 192.3 OUT!

SUMMER SIZZLER CHALLENGE

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Definitely stovetop for most things. And pizza in the microwave is like trying to eat rubber.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Newbie checking in

I'm on day 4 of the program! This is a great feature to help us all be successful in our goals. Since I haven't had the eggs yet, this thread is particularly helpful. I had heard the eggs were horrible but now that I know everyone prefers to cook them the "old fashioned way," I'm hoping for a better outcome.

Looks like I've got some learnin' to do. All of you have a cute weight loss tracker on your posts. I think I've lost about 3-4 lbs. My goal is to lose 20 lbs.