Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I'm starving on NutriSystem, but am not losing weight

Am I doing something wrong? I used to lose weight very quickly and did expect that this would be the case with NutriSystem. Instead, I'm starving, but am loosing weight very slowly. 2 pounds in a week is not a weight loss. It's a joke. Am I doing something wrong?

And I constantly feel tired, can't work normally. Yesterday, I even had to leave gym, because I felt dizzy.

Maybe Nutrisystem is not for me. Normally, I don't eat as much sugar as I do with NutriSystem food, but I eat bigger portions.

Please Help!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

are you sure you are eating enough protein? That is my initial thought. Are you a guy and/or need to lose 100 pounds? Then you need to eat a little more, I believe.......

Don't be afraid to eat a little more "good food".....

and 2 pounds a week isn't "bad".......that's normal!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olesha1972 View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? I used to lose weight very quickly and did expect that this would be the case with NutriSystem. Instead, I'm starving, but am loosing weight very slowly. 2 pounds in a week is not a weight loss. It's a joke. Am I doing something wrong?

And I constantly feel tired, can't work normally. Yesterday, I even had to leave gym, because I felt dizzy.

Maybe Nutrisystem is not for me. Normally, I don't eat as much sugar as I do with NutriSystem food, but I eat bigger portions.

Please Help!

You sound like a former low-carber Looks like your system adjusts to a more balanced diet. 2 pounds a week of real weight loss (fat) and not just water weight is really good....
    -----------------
    most of the recipes I post can be found here
    I am on maintenance, and do NS with my own food.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would suggest first looking at the meal planner that came with your food. Are you eating all the add ins you are supposed to for your plan? Second, I would talk to a NS counselor and discuss with them what you are eating, if looking at the planner didn't clear things up. You should not be starving at all. I have never felt hungry on this plan, more often than not, I feel pleasantly full.

Melissa

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you eating all the NS foods, as well as 2 fruit, 2 salads, 2 veggie, 1 fat, 3 dairy/protein servings??
    It would be helpful if you could post what AND when you ate your foods yesterday. Also, let us know what plan you are on, and female/male. Also, do you have over or under 100 to lose?
    2 lbs a week is a SAFE, NORMAL weight loss.

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

How long have you been on the program? I distinctly remember my very first week and feeling like I was so hungry, I wanted to eat the boxes the food came in! After a while, my body got used to the portion sizes and I was fine, but it can take a while depending on what your body is used to. I used to start off my day with two bowls of sugary cereal, eat two huge fast food meals for lunch and dinner, and wash it down with ice cream and candy, not to mention all the snacks in between. Needless to say, NS was a big adjustment for me.
    2 pounds is a very safe amount to lose per week. Remember, you didn't put this weight on overnight, and it's not coming off overnight. Slow and steady wins the race!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenn1214 For This Useful Post:

gradigan (08-07-2014)

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm a girl and need to lose 10-12 pounds. I've spent 7 days on the diet.

No, I am not adding all the suggested food, because I want to lose weight asap and to my surprise it's not working. Normally, I cut off meat and lose 3-4 pounds in three days. It's not the case now.
    Also, I normally don't eat pasta and sweets much, a lot of different grains and seafood instead. Since the diet includes so much of those, I though I would at least try not to add bread and meat. And despite all the suffering, I'm not moving as fast as usually.

Couple of months ago I started exercising with a personal trainer and lost only three pounds. This made me think that I should cut off some food....And I bought NutriSystes.

Last edited by Olesha1972; 04-17-2008 at 10:28 PM.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow. First of all, if you tend to diet and then gain and then diet your body is going to need to time to stabilize. The less you have to lose the slower it goes, it is just the way it works. The smaller you are the less calories you need to move around, hence not as big of a deficit.

However you NEED to add in all the food it requires. If you do a quick search on health and weight loss you will constantly see it say that you should NEVER drop your calories below 1200. Any lower than that and your body starts hoarding all the calories because it is 'starvation mode' also I've heard mention that you can also cause neurological issues.

Add in the fact that you are exercising too....a lot of people who exercise add in a hundred calories or so to keep their bodies fueled.

I'd be thrilled to lose 2 pounds a week consistently. Ultimately NS is about learning healthy eating habits and making a change. If you just want a quick weight loss system it might not be the thing for you.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Olesha1972,

You're not going to like my answer. I'm not one for lying to people of saying what they want to hear simply because it is what they want. So here it is hun....

If you're looking for a quick fix - you're in the wrong place. This is a life style change not a diet fad. You WILL NOT lose 10-12 pounds in a week. You WILL NOT lose weight by starving yourself - which is exactly what you are doing by not eating all the food. What you've told us about how you feel is caused by the fact that you are ingesting too few calories and nutrients to support your basic life functions. You add to the problem by working out more than your body can sustain on the calories you are giving it.

My suggestion to you is to eat 1200 - 1400 calories a day on average. Those calories should be made of food good for you (see the NS guidelines to begin to learn what those are). Expect that you will GAIN weight at first. This will be your bodies reaction to being fed properly. We are built to survive starvation - this is why we make fat cells - and your body will be trying to live. Here is a good article to read. I suggest you do and then check out the facts with other sites - they will tell you the same thing.

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...in-Weight.html

If you do this, your body will begin to realize that it is no longer starving and you will begin to lose again. But 1 to 2 pounds a week is healthy.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olesha1972 View Post

Please Help!
    Two pounds a week is all the FAT you can lose. Anything more is water and/or muscle. I would love to lose that much.

If you don't like the sweet NS desserts, order the chips or pretzels. That's what I did because I gave up sugar years ago and found that I was getting re-addicted on NS!
    Since starting Atkins:

Since starting NS:

Victoria - 5'7"
    206 (start Atkins) /154 (start "Nutrikins")/136 (goal)
    my blog - Confessions of a Carb Addict
    see me on YouTube
    my life in pictures