Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile how long does it take to lose 10,20,30,40,pounds

Hi I new to this and I am currently waiting for my food to arrive I was just wondering how long does it take to lose the weight? I see the pictures but it never says how long it took and it always says not typically results. Please let me know how long it took you. I need to lose about 50 pounds

Like 5 Times in 1 Post

I have lost 59 pounds and it took me 11 months. I've got about 15 more to go.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    ~Arthur Schopenhauer.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have lost 45 pounds in five months, and have 35 pounds to go. Everyone is different, and the more you have to lose, the faster it might come off. I have been sticking almost 100% to the program and drinking lots of water, plus walking a lot, which seems to be working very well for me.

Last edited by Sisterdidit; 04-26-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am only in my second month.

I lost 15 lbs the first month. I've lost 6 lbs in the second. I expect that I will lost 2 more before the month is up....so 8 lbs the second month.

Really, i've lost at a rate of about 2lbs a week. That first month I dropped 5lbs the first week, 4 lbs the second, and then 3lbs the next, and then have lost 2lbs per week ever since.

I am HOPING that I continue to do that at least until I get to the 160s....

But everyone is different...

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

There is no '1' answer for this as we all lose at a different pace, depending on various factors (age, sex, metabolism, how long we were heavy, how heavy we were to begin with....)

Shoot for losing 1% of your body weight weekly and you'll be doing great!

With that said, I think I lost 50 pounds in about 5 months but I needed to lose 90-100
    Robin

1/1/05 216 lbs
    3/21/06 120 lbs *GOAL*
    3/06 - 12/09 115-125 lbs

8/10 124 - 127 lbs

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I started on 2/4/08 and have lost 13 1/2 lbs. Sometimes I think wow that's a lot and other times I think it's slow but I want it to be slow because I know it will be for a lifdtime. I feel better, clothes are very lose and I'm starting to receive compliments on the weight loss and that is a great feeling. Three co-workers told me today I need to buy smaller pants because mine are getting a little big but I'm not ready to spend money yet. My goal was 20 lbs but I'm shooting for 25-30 now. This is the best diet I've ever been on and except for a few family functions and going out to eat I've been great and think the food is good too. I know I should stick to the plan 100% but let's face it, when you have a family and functions to attend you just have to plan ahead and make good choices. I check off in my menu planner too and switch lunches and dinners up. I think everyone loses at their own pace and it i've read the more you have to lose the faster you start to lose it. I'm just going with what my body is doing and try to get in a 1/2 hour of walking in a day. Read the boards too. The people are amazing. I wish I could thank some of them in person!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

It took me 12 weeks to lose 10 lbs. I'm one of those people who loses slowly and I'm thrilled with this. The last time I was on a diet for this long, I lost 2 lbs. I'm not hungry and I don't feel like I'm on a "diet." I recommend this diet to everyone who'll listen to me.
    ~Maria

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sure everyone is diffrent, but for me....

24 lbs in 9 weeks.

Natascha
    Start Date:
    February 20th, 2008
    5'11"
    227/199/175

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I started mid January 2008 and i've almost lost 40lbs to date. I have 23 more to go.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got weighed at the doctor's office on March 24th, tried NS for a week, then placed my auto-ship order and started for real on April 8th. Been eating NS food for 3 weeks total, as well as all the add-ins specified and have lost 13.2 pounds in 3 weeks. Granted I have potentially a total of 92.4 pounds to lose... I certainly don't expect to keep losing this much but it has been nice while it has lasted.
    Last edited by Dragonrose69; 04-23-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    Started NS on 4/8/08
    Started exercising 4 days a week on 5/17/2008
    17 inches lost as of 9/06/2008
    First Goal - 25 Pounds - Achieved!

Second Goal - Onederland

Ultimate Goal