Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Does Nutrisystem Food go bad?

Hello Everyone,

Last year around this time I decided to try Nutrisystem. It worked great! I lost 20 pounds in 2 months! Well needless to say, I fell off the wagon. I have some food that ordered from May 2008 and some from Sept. HOw long will this food be ok to eat?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

well, I'm still eating stuff I received 3/08 and a few items that are even older - no problems

the soft canned & most of the freeze dried should be good for 18 months more or less ---

the baked goods have a shorter shelf life (including pizza crust) --- and how long before they go stale depends on how they've been stored --- if in a warm place, figure a few months -- I keep in a refrigerator and they last for over a year

I've found that the mac & cheese does not do well if stored in a warm place (I had in my garage and in summer it gets very toasty) --- the powdered cheese gets quite funky (has a bitter taste)...

I'd say try it and see
    lynn
    "People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life."
    My "Collected Recipes" are now on my NS Blog... graylady's Collected Recipes

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had the black bean tortilla soup from 10/08 yesterday and ended up throwing it out. Still have a few more. It had a very fishy taste but not sure if that was because I looking for something wrong with it since I knew it was expired..
    Allison