Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default How long does it take for the hunger pains to go away?

I just started today and I know that there must be an adjustment time where your body has to adjust from eating whatever it feels like to the proper amount. I think for me it is as much in my mind as it is physical. But did you experience this feeling of hunger? How long into the program did it go on?
    Goal#1
    Make it 2 months on the NS plan without giving up. Because I have in the past never stuck to a WOE past 1.5 months. I think if I can get past that time, I will continue on and learn new habits.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

First week was tough for me. After that it was okay. Hang in there. Drink plenty of water!!!
    Let me know if you would like a $30 discount coupon to get you started!!
    Email me at cnelson7777@msn.com

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks!

I guess like any adiction, which food is for me, they say it can take up to 21 days to get used to a change. I hope it comes sooner for me.
    Goal#1
    Make it 2 months on the NS plan without giving up. Because I have in the past never stuck to a WOE past 1.5 months. I think if I can get past that time, I will continue on and learn new habits.

Like 293 Times in 216 Posts

So sorry for you.

To tell you the truth I have never ever been hungry since starting NS 2 and 1/2 years ago.

73 years young, joined at age 66, October '06.
    Always trying to lose more. I eat NS about 50% now.
    GOAL reached, 170 -50 8/2007 first 10 months (40 weeks)

Like 2 Times in 2 Posts

If it's true hunger and just not habit, experiment with your foods a little because I find some foods definitely more filling than others. Same with your dairy/protein add-ins and fruit.

For example, I like plums for a fruit because you get to eat two, as opposed to 1/2 a banana.

For your dairy/protein you can always make an omlette with eggbeaters and add some veggies. That's good in the afternoon or even in the morning. I make a shake with ff milk or yogurt and frozen fruit. That's also pretty filling.

I think some entrees like the pancakes are filling for breakfast. The potatoes for lunch are filling with a gortons fish fillet or two FF hot dogs, veggies and/or a salad. The pasta dinners are filling too.

Try experimenting with the meals and add-ins. See which ones work best for you. Fill up on salads, or have a jello.
    Started: 5/3/07 Goal: 9/11/07 BMI 20.5

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Unknown

Wickedness sucks in the greater part of its own venom, and poisons itself therewith.--Michel de Montaigne

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farminmommy View Post
    I just started today and I know that there must be an adjustment time where your body has to adjust from eating whatever it feels like to the proper amount. I think for me it is as much in my mind as it is physical. But did you experience this feeling of hunger? How long into the program did it go on?
    You might want to talk with a NS counselor about what you are eating each day to make sure you are eating enough. I honestly have not really ever felt hungry unless I go to long between eating and I try to be eating something at least every 2-3 hours. I split my meals up and I feel like I am just about always eating. You can spread your food out any way that works for you. And also make sure you are drinking enough water, doing that can help make you feel more full.

You might also try to choose more protein options over dairy options for the dairy/protein servings, they can help keep you feeling more satisfied. Other more filling options are choosing whole fruits over fruit juices, if you are using juice. Also a little more vegetables or a bigger salad definitely is not gonna be a bad thing, there is a list of veges that are "unlimited" for salad/vegetable servings.

Hope that helps!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've never went hungry. I think if I had to be hungry, I wouldn't be doing this. Make sure you get the water, the vegetables, and the high fiber choices. That's probably the best advice. Before NS I ate pretty much high fiber but the other junk crept in. The high fiber choices keep you from getting hungry. It's just my own personal opinion that no human being in this country should go hungry to be thin
    and healthy. I don't know, maybe I'm living in a dream world but I don't think it's necessary. Water, water, water!!!!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I think I just waited to long to eat this morning. I didnt know you could break up your food for breakfast throughout the morning. I really think its in my head though
    Goal#1

Like 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farminmommy View Post
    You know, I think I just waited to long to eat this morning. I didnt know you could break up your food for breakfast throughout the morning. I really think its in my head though
    It could be. Or it could be that it is less food than you're used to eating.

I was never really hungry. But I wasn't a big eater, I was a snacker and ate junk. If it's someone that did have a big appetite I'd imagine it would seem like a lot less food and you might be hungry. My sister would have problems. She eats fairly healthy, but she's always eaten a lot.

Check out Lynns suggestions to bulk up the foods. I've tried some of her suggestions and they do help.

http://boards.members.nutrisystem.co...ad.php?t=40476
    Started: 5/3/07 Goal: 9/11/07 BMI 20.5

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Unknown

Wickedness sucks in the greater part of its own venom, and poisons itself therewith.--Michel de Montaigne

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was hungry the first couple of days and then realized I was forgetting to eat all of the add ins. Between all of the veggies and water I'm stuffed most of the time now. Even cravings are rare at this point.

Biggest Loser 8

4/26/10: 201.4
    5/03/10: 196.4
    5/10/10: 193.8
    5/17/10: 193.4
    5/24/10: 190.6
    5/31/10: 188.8
    6/07/10:
    6/14/10:
    6/21/10:
    6/28/10:
    7/05/10: Final weigh in!