Discussion Boards

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Pcos

HI I started nutrisystem-d two weeks ago. I have PCOS, so i decided to do the nutrisystem-d to help with the insulin resistance. I have no been able to loose a pound even w/ exercise until begining nutrisystem. So far i been losing some weight, so im very excited. I was to get around 140 (less would be great) so that i can get periods back and grow my family.
    Start: 209
    10/09/2009 : 206
    10/16/2009: 204
    10/23/2009:

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey girls,
    I have PCOS as well--diagnosed when I was 22. I'm 29 now...good to know there's support and results from NS users!!
    I started the program in early october.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmccrimm View Post
    I found out two years ago that I had PCOS after years of reproductive problems. I have been told by my medical dr. and acupuncturist that NS programs is good for PCOS because the sugars in food is minimal and that's the biggest problem with people like us consuming carbs!

I hope everyone has great success with this program, I am looking forward to losing weight and having a healthy pregnany.

1st round of Clomid started last week!
    hey,
    how's the clomid, if you dont mind me asking. I'm supposed to be going on it the end of next year. good luck and blessings!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

libby and jennifer,
    I'm on NS-D as well. Apparently my insulin level is "ok" as per my doc, but i was thinking and reading up on metformin/glucophage for the past few years. as i posted earlier, also thinking about clomid to start a family in a few years.
    =)
    glad to hear about your progress! and thankful for the ns-d pcos support!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm so excited that there's so much support here! i'm almost brought to tears, sitting in my office right now!! There are so many that are unaware of pcos, and husbands that are scared of this "diagnosis", but I'm taking this one step at a time...losing at least a percentage of the weight will help all these symptoms that i too have!
    thank you thank you for your encouragement this morning!!!

Renee

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Renee, welcome to the PCOS support group! We are here for you. You'll see your symptoms lessening in just 10% of your weight gone.

My underarm patches are lessening!!! I realized it this morning. Instead of looking like I haven't bathed in years it only looks like days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome Omni and Renee! Glad you've found us!!

I'm also on the NS-D plan because of the insulin resistance/PCOS connection. I finished my 4th week on program yesterday and have lost 13 pounds! I haven't really noticed a big change in my symptoms yet, but I still have a lot to lose, so I know it'll happen eventually!

-Miss_T- That's GREAT about your 'dirty' underarms!!! That gives me hope that soon MY underarms will look like I haven't bathed in days rather than years, too! LOL!

Felishia

Springing Onward and Downward Challenge
    3/22 - 213.5
    3/29 - 208.5
    4/5 -

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi I'm Liz - I've had PCOS since I was 13. I remember sitting outside my doctor's office and hearing my mother state, in reference to my boobs, "Is it normal for them to be that big?" Yeah.. along with everything else being big.

The only way I can lose weight is to exercise twice as much as normal people, it's ridiculous. I managed to get down from 180 to 145 after a year of working on my feet and lifting 50+lbs boxes 9 hours a day... but then I moved to Iowa and got a desk job, and within two years I'm up to 220.

I also have the annoying facial hair and zits, drives me NUTS, and am seriously considering the laser removal.

The most concerning thing I have is being sterile. I desperately want kids when I finally land a significant other, if I couldn't it would be unbelievably heartbreaking.

Anyway, hi fellow PCOS-inflicted.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Liz! I totally know what you mean about the big knockers. I'm "blessed" with them too. When I lost weight a few years back, my boobs did too, so that's definitely something to look forward to. And I've done (and still in the process of) laser hair removal and it's great. You have to go every 10 weeks and lemme tell you, it's definitely worth it. I go to Ideal Image so you may wanna check that out. I would see if they are running any specials cuz you can get a good chunk of money off if you wait until they are doing one. Usually around the Christmas season (which is soon!) they have good deals. I'm literally in and out within 5-10 minutes (if I have to wait). It's awesome. Good holiday gift idea

Mini Goals:
    190: New pair of jeans
    180: Buy something for the house
    170: Mani/Pedi
    160: Get my hair done
    150: Tanning or Massage
    140: Weekend trip to the beach with my friends!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, mine definitely did grow with me. I was a nice tolerable perky medium C when at my lowest weight and I now have my favourite bra hanging in my exercise room taunting my now DDDs. Sob.

I'll definitely check out Ideal Image, hopefully they have one around here. thanks for the welcoming!