Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Diagnosed with PCOS and on Nutrisystem

Hey all I was just looking for some people that i can track my diet with who are in the same place as me. I discovered that i have PCOS because i have been dieting my whole life and exercising and not getting much results. I finally figured something had to be wrong and was told that I have PCOS. This requires a change of plans in everything i did. Anyone in the same boat?

I was on Nutrisystem about 1 year ago and lost 20lbs. I was shocked but now i know it is because it is low gi foods and that is the only thing that works for us. I got prego and lost the baby but gained 15 lbs from it. I ordered the food again yesterday and am getting a jump start to losing it all again.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Jess, I have PCOS too. Diagnosed last year after I went running to the Doc crying "why have I gained so much on my belly and not pregnant!!?". Good for you for not giving up and finding a way to be healthy even though it is a little tougher for us. I bet we'll feel better after we lose a few and learn what we should eat! How much do you have to lose? I still have about 20~

Kerri

Kerri
    5' 4"

3/28 155 START
    4/04 151 (-4)
    4/11 149.5 (-1.5)
    4/18 149 (-.5)
    4/25 151.4 ToM is a jerk!
    5/16 152.8 (+1.4) Started Insanity Workout
    5/23
    5/30
    6/06

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I lost a lot of weight 7 years ago by following a generic lower carb diet. I kept it all off until about 2 years ago and now it's back and brought friends. I'm hoping to lose 98 lbs (75 that I put on, plus 23 extra).

Good to see some other ladies that share my struggle~

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi! So happy this thread was started... I too have struggled with my weight ALL of my life. I finally was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago.. I was blessed to find out that there was a newly opened PCOS clinic was in my hometown which has given me some direction. I started to eat according to the low glycemic index.. and after having a hard time with that, I decided to join NS-D. I like it so far, and I will be weighing in soon.. hopefully I have lost some weight!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

anyone know how to delete friends from your page?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello All. I too have PCOS and I'm trying to conceive. Been trying for 8 months. I had always done Weight Watchers in the past and it worked but gained it all back plus some. Now I'm giving this a shot. My first weigh in is tomorrow morning. I'm hoping this helps.

Glad to have found this thread!
    Deena

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone. My name is Dina, I'm 24 and I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 days ago and it hit me so hard. Although it made me depressed to be diagnosed with PCOS, I was relieved to have many of my questions answered. I have been trying to conceive my second child for about 2 years and I was starting to worry why it wasn't happening. Also, I have been working out and eating right but not losing any weight. I finally know why I haven't been able to get pregnant and lose weight, which makes me a little relieved but I still feel kind of down.

Doctor said I needed to be on a GI diet and I remembered that NS is based on a GI diet. As soon as I got home I went online and ordered it. I hope this works because my son is now 6 years old and I want to have another baby so bad.

My package should be arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to start! I'm praying that this works...

So if anyone out there wants to share some tips or just talk about their experiences, then I'm here for you! Message me anytime, email me (dinatroupe@yahoo.com) or add me as a friend on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dinatroupe)

Take care everyone

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 31. After years of diets not working, seldom ovulating and three miscarriages, I finally got that diagnosis. Just having a name for what was going on was a relief. Getting some direction on diet gave me hope. I started a low carb diet and got pregnant with my daughter when I was 32.

After she was born I went off track. I started to gain weight again and when we tried to have another baby, my body didn't cooperate. I ovulated 2 times in 2 years, got pregnant each time, and lost both of those babies. I finally decided enough was enough and went on nutrisystem. My hormones leveled out, I lost 40 pounds and with one round of clomid, I got pregnant with my son. He was born in March of 2008.

After he was born, I decided that I wanted to get right back on track...so I went right back on the program. I didn't count on the low glycemic diet getting my cycle back to normal and found myself pregnant with my second son, three months after the first was born!

I went from the heartbreak of infertility and losing 5 babies, to having three amazing kids...all because of diet. Nutrisystem really does work for those that have PCOS. It has been the only diet that I have been able to lose weight on.

My son is 1 now, ny son is weaned, and I am just starting back on nutrisystem. I want to get into the best shape possible, so I can be around to raise my three little blessings...this time around I am using birth control...LOL