Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow How much weight did you loose your 1st and 2nd month?

I know the package said 1-2 pnds a week, but I wasnt sure if thats true for everyone. Has anyone lost more or less than the advertised 1-2 pounds per week (8 pounds a month).

I am on my first month and hoping to loose 10pnds..

Like 1,716 Times in 977 Posts

Everyone loses at a different pace. Lots of people have lost over 10 lbs in one week, while others don't lose anything. It took me 14/15 weeks to lose 20 lbs with 1-2 hours of working out 6 days per week.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Were you on nutrisystem the entire 14/15 weeks?

Like 10 Times in 10 Posts

It took me 12 months to lose 60 pounds. Slow loser, but I did it! One positive is since it was slow, my skin popped right back. Flat tummy and all. Feeling good in a bikini again and no trouble (so far) keeping the weight off!

Stick to it, the plan works!
    Ginny

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin"
    - Mother Teresa

Like 1,716 Times in 977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxafgbellaxx View Post
    Were you on nutrisystem the entire 14/15 weeks?
    Yes, with an occasional day off, but nothing crazy.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been on NS for a little more than a month (I started on April 1, and today is May 9, so 40 days). I've lost 23 lb as of this morning. That said, the majority of that was water weight -- I was chronically dehydrated pre-NS. I also typically lose faster than average when I diet. That said, I slowed down a LOT after those first two weeks.

How much weight you're carrying also makes a difference. I started at 240, so getting down to 217 was a big deal, but not mind-boggling because of how far I was from goal. Losing the same amount of weight if I were closer to goal would have been a much bigger change, if that makes sense. So your current weight and your metabolism are big factors.

Goal:
    Once I feel that I'm at an appropriate weight for my body shape, I will allow myself to get the adorable pixie cut that I've always wanted. (I was always too fat to have super-short hair, because it would make me look overly masculine). I will then dye that newly-short hair an exciting and self-congratulatory color.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you only have 10 lbs to lose, your rate of loss will be slower. When you are closer to your ideal weight, your body really makes you work for those pounds. The people who have much more to lose (like me ), we might lose at a faster rate when we first start but it will slow down as we get smaller and smaller.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I lost about 10 lbs my first month, maybe 8 my 2nd month. With 40 lbs total to lose, I keep seeing that number get smaller as the months go by and now my average is closer to 6 or 7. Given the 10 lbs the 1st month, you can see that I've lost less than 6-7 lbs over the past 2 months. I'm on for 4 months as of tomorrow. I think it's rare that someone can come onto Nutrisystem and lose all their weight in one month. If you are further from goal, obviously it will take more time. But when you are only looking to lose 10-20 lbs, it does take longer. Look at Kristy, who took 3-4 months to lose 20 lbs and is a champion exerciser

When I first started NS, even having done it once before but stopping after the 1st 10 lbs, I wanted to lose all 40lbs in 4 months. I still wish it was faster. But you realize at some point that fast is not healthy and rarely possible. Not that I exercise that much, but if you do try to exercise a LOT to lose faster, sometimes you'll gain muscle weight as you lose fat..so the lbs still seem to take time to come off.

ETA:
    Month 1 - 11 lbs
    Month 2 - 5.2 lbs
    Month 3 - 4.7 lbs
    Month 4 - 6.4 lbs

This is with little cheating, except a few glasses of alcohol once in a while.

Last edited by ck123; 05-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Start weight: 165 - 1/11/11

Original Goals:
    Mini-goal 1: 150 by 4/16/11, achieved 3/10/11
    Mini-goal 1A: 145 by 4/16/11, achieved 4/8/2011
    Mini-goal 2: 135 by 6/3/11, achieved 6/7/11
    Final goal: 125 by 7/15/11, achieved 8/12/11!!!

----------

Current Goals:
    120 by 2/29

Courtney

Substitutes link: http://www.plussizenow.com/ns/compare_breakfast.html

Like 82 Times in 72 Posts

I lost 10/month for the first four months -- and it has taken me almost 7 months to loose another 30 -- but I've got over 100 to loose -- your mileage will likely vary; everyone is different. The more you have to loose, the quicker you'll drop at the onset -- once you get closer to ideal goal, things slow down drastically. Stick with it -- it works if you stay focused.

Caye

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im starting about 160 and my ideal weight is 130/135...I was hoping to lose at least 10 pounds this first month. It is nice to see that people are experiencing positive results their first month. This is only my first week so I cant wait to see my results!