Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I need tips. Exercise for people with bad feet.

My feet are the main reason I started Nutrisystem mainly because I have bad feet. Plantar fasciitis in the left and Achilles Tendonitis in the right. I am hoping losing weight will help. My problem is that I am having trouble finding a exercise routine that will work for me. I have Tried Couch to 5k wanting to run so bad but obviously that didn't work and I love Zumba but I have had to quit that also because of my stupid feet!!! ARRRG. Does any one have any suggestions. I am really frustrated.

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi mellimomma -

My feet bother me as well, the bottoms burn and the tops hurt so sometimes it feels, well, I'll just say - bad. I'm not sure if plantar fasciitis is what mine is, I haven't been to a doctor, but I started wearing more supportive shoes and those inserts you can get for arch support and cushioning for your heels. It has really helped. I am hoping that losing weight will help also. Have you tried just plain walking? Maybe just ease into it with walking and then as you lose some more weight, give your feet some time, and try some different things? Just a suggestion.

All the best to you!!

Linda

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about group cycle or spinning? You might need to be careful during the standing parts (out of the saddle) if the pressure irritates your feet but it is a great workout for the time spent.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

cycling
    row machines
    water aerobics
    Please e-mail me at: NSbuddies@gmail.com to save $30 off your order.

Like 1,722 Times in 982 Posts

Do you have access to a pool? Swimming is great exercise and zero impact.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for all the idea's. The pool and the bike is a great idea. It may be time to fix the old bike up and get a helmet. I haven't been on it in years. The pool is 20 minutes away so that is less likely. I will figure something out. Maybe it is time to get the custom fit orthotics out and wear them 24/7. I hate having bad feet but at least I still have them.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rowing
    Stationary bike

Check out some of the exercise videos ( many are on you tube)
    and adapt what will work for you.....
    Anearobic exercises involving weights,
    bicicycle crunches, all typse of sit-ups / pushups
    Plank exercises
    yoga
    ezpz

Like 1,722 Times in 982 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mellimomma View Post
    Thanks for all the idea's. The pool and the bike is a great idea. It may be time to fix the old bike up and get a helmet. I haven't been on it in years. The pool is 20 minutes away so that is less likely. I will figure something out. Maybe it is time to get the custom fit orthotics out and wear them 24/7. I hate having bad feet but at least I still have them.
    Yes, get the orthotics if your doctor thinks it will help. Get on the bike if it doesn't hurt your feet. And swim on your days off if you don't have time to drive 20 minutes while working. You can do this!
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have that problem too. Plantar F. in both feet and it does hurt to stay on my feet for any length of time. Water aerobics is great and well worth the 20 min drive. I try to go 5 times a week. Also the bikes are a good idea.
    Go to a really professional athletic shoe store and have them evaluate your feet to find the best shoe for you. I don't know if custom orthotics are the best way to go. I did it and hate mine. Makes my feet hurt within 10 minutes of wearing them. You could ask the sales associate what they might reccommend.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have notice that my feet don't like the orthotics. I got mine from the doctor scholls booth. I started doing the strength training routine on here last night. I can do that standing still and some of it sitting down. I am also swearing off my flip flops. SAD FACE. for a while. I have lost almost 11 pounds in three weeks. I just really want to pump it up with some exercise!!! Going to visit the pool this weekend.