Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always hungry

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Always hungry

Is anyone else hungry all the time and if so what do you do? I eat everything I am supposed to and I feel like I'm not getting enough. I know I am but......

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I seem to be hungry a lot too! And I have yet to find a dinner entree that I like. I feel like I am eating a lot, so I don't know why I am so hungry. This is only my 4th day on NS, so I am thinking my body will adjust and eventually I will not need as much food to fill me up.

Like 246 Times in 71 Posts

Larger salads...max out the protein...eat the unlimited veggies anytime you want...talk to a Counselor...drink an ocean of water.

I've been here 5 1/2 years...met goal in September 2007 and maintained below goal since while still following the plan every day 100% and I can honestly say I've never been hungry once. Not once.

Today I hiked 7 rugged miles in the Yosemite backcountry, ate my regular NutriSystem day and feel like a gazillion bucks.

BUT, I eat huge salads full of unlimited veggies, I make sure my protein servings are between 9g-20g of protein (usually averaging around 12g) and I drink 2 oceans of water a day (very few other liquids at all). I never miss a meal and try to eat something every 3 hours or so.

If you want to list a typical day's food/water intake, we can take a look at it and help you "bulk it up" or call a Counselor and go over everything. You do NOT need to be hungry on NutriSystem or in maintenance, ever!

Like 20 Times in 15 Posts

Pam, do you still eat the NS foods, or stay on the plan stats?

I am so thankful for those of you that have been successful and stay on these threads to encourage us.

I get an order every 3-4 months (got my first one since May this week), but follow the nutritional stats 100%, 100% of the time (every bite, every meal since Feb 13, 2006).

I still order the food for the convenience and because I love it.

Like 20 Times in 15 Posts

Pam, that is what I think makes this so great. The learning. I see that you have a motorhome and travel. Are you guys full timers? DH retires next week and I will follow in 2 yrs. We enjoy our MH and plan on Arizonia next winter. At least he will and I will visit. Look forward to the day we both are retired, but not having insurance makes me wait until the Medicare deal.

I use my RVs for business. I'm a consultant for banks, attorneys and the courts on banking litigation. I have a smaller RV (22' Airstream on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis) for when I travel alone and a 28' Monaco Trek by Safari with a Smart car tow for when my husband is with me. I have owned my own consulting business for so long, I have no plans to ever retire. This is my way of working forever while playing on the road...

I end up on the road about 20-27 days a month. A few years ago, I slept at my home in Santa Barbara a total of 30 days the whole year!

Right now I'm lying on the couch in the back of the RV while my hubby is driving...

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I pile on the unlimited veggies, founds some favorites that are my staples and try new ones all the time too. I laughed today that I'm turning from a meat and potatoes woman to a vegetarian in my senior years! I prefer greek yogurt to string cheese, as I can dress up the yogurt and have it w/ my fruit. I browse the recipe center and discussion boards for new ways to experiment with the NS meals and when I find one I like, it becomes a regular part of my menu. I was hungry a couple of nights my first 2 weeks on the program, and had some herbal tea and went to bed early to avoid bingeing. That subsided, and now I have a problem getting all the food in...go figure! Be gentle with yourself, your body is adjusting, make sure you are eating every few hours (meal or a snack), and get your water in, that's a must! You can do it! This program works, if you work it!

Like 111 Times in 86 Posts

Some of the ns entrees are just plain more filling than others. Same is true for the add-ins. You'll learn what fills you up over time. In the meantime (especially since I realize you can't change what ns foods you currently have in the house) eat HUGE salads and lots of protein!

Good luck!
    Maryanne (Baltimore)

By my 65th birthday (3/21/15) I can have a normal BMI or I can still be overweight. The choice is mine!

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena....who, at best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. So that his place will never be with those cold timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Onward and Downward 4th Quarter:

Overall goal:

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love all the food, but sometimes my body feels like it will never ne satisfied.