Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default My fitness pal vs. Lose it

I want to start using one of these sites and am looking for opinions on both. I don't know which is better/more user friendly. TIA.

Like 1,709 Times in 1,055 Posts

Try both for a day or two and see what you like better.
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

Like 20 Times in 13 Posts

I did what losing8now suggested, and settled on MyFitnessPal.com. It seemed a little more user-friendly, plus it already has most of the NS foods loaded in its database. I also looked at FitDay.com, but again, liked MFitnessPal better for the same reason. Even though I'm now eating only a small percentage of NS foods in maintenance, it just seemed like the database was broader on MyFitnessPal than on either of the others I tried. It's also easy to enter my own recipes and get calorie and nutritional info on it.
    Pam
    Onward & Downward
    Starting Weight: 7/31: 147

Like 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsvineyard View Post
    I want to start using one of these sites and am looking for opinions on both. I don't know which is better/more user friendly. TIA.
    I have only used MyFitnessPal, so I'm biased. I enjoy the app both online and smartphone versions because they are very user friendly, have a huge database of foods, they sync with your smartphone/online apps, and best feature for me is the ability to scan the barcode of an item and have all the info pop in (most new smartphones will have the barcode scanner ability). Also, you can customize your plan for the stats that you need to keep in line with NS.

Start Date: 03/03/2010 Weight: 169.0 BMI = 26.5
    GOAL Met!: 09/26/2010 Weight: 134.6 BMI = 21
    Maintaining below goal for 2 years!
    Current Weight: 129 BMI = 20

Roorat

Like 3,778 Times in 2,265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsvineyard View Post
    I use MFP but have not tried the other.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 17 Times in 9 Posts

I just recently (in this past week) switched over to MFP and I LOVE it! I have never liked the NS food/exercising tracker (I find it to be limiting and also comes out well below my actual calorie total each day, giving me a false concept of how many calories I ate. This is not a good thing when I'm trying to tweak my calories in/calories out to get the right balance/calorie deficit) so I had been using MyNetDiary which I loved! But now that I've tried MFP, I'm a convert. I love the social networking aspect of it. You can keep track with your friends and message within the app with them. Great for cheering each other on and giving support.

Katie

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been using MFP for the last week or so. It seems like I'm eating too much protein and not enough carbs (according to their "daily goals"). How can this be? It also seems like I'm under in my fat category too. Any thoughts?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love LoseIt! and have used it since it was a brand new app. I like it so much, especially with the new scanning capability on smartphones, that I have never tried anything else so can't give you comparative data.
    Bill

3/30/09 started NS - 324 pounds
    9/21/09 hit initial goal of 225 pounds
    12/14/09 hit low of 208.4 pounds
    1/30/12 restarted NS - 278.4 pounds
    4/2/12 255.5 pounds

New goal - 225 pounds by 7/12

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm a MFP addict!!

Like 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hugebear View Post
    I love LoseIt! and have used it since it was a brand new app. I like it so much, especially with the new scanning capability on smartphones, that I have never tried anything else so can't give you comparative data.
    MyFitnessPal also scans items on smartphones and I use it ALL THE TIME. Another great feature, for me of MFP is the "My Meals" option where I can save meals I have on a regular basis and not have to re-enter everything over and over.

Start Date: 03/03/2010 Weight: 169.0 BMI = 26.5
    GOAL Met!: 09/26/2010 Weight: 134.6 BMI = 21
    Maintaining below goal for 2 years!
    Current Weight: 129 BMI = 20

Roorat