Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Let me introduce myself :)

Hi Ladies and Gents!

Here I am! Brand new to the program. I just ordered my food, and I am awaiting the arival before I get started. I hope to makes tons of new friends that I can chat with.

My situation: new mom, never been overweight like this (only 5-10 fluctuating pounds in the past) - never 50!

I feel like my health is deteroriating, and I need to make a change. I love the TASTE of food - especially Southern and Asian dishes. This is what makes me the most nervous!

Any help is much appreciated! I just want to lose 50 lbs in the right way, but I don't want it to take years!

Thanks for listening! I absolutely look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

GDTFM

Like 231 Times in 145 Posts

Don't be impatient. Look for an avereage of 1-2 pounds lost per week. That could be 6 pounds one week and nothing for the next 4 weeks. Just don't get discouraged and keep plugging away. Keep posting and asking questions too.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank u!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi!!! Glad you joined us!

Make sure you stop by at least once a day and say hello. Helps keep us focused on why we're here! And eat all you veggies!!

~~Linda~~
    Start date~~2/10/2011~~

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello

I've been on NS for 5 1/2 weeks and absolutely LOVE it! Seriously, I eat more food now than before. But, it's the RIGHT kind of food. Drink ALL of your water and follow the plan!

Also, be sure to take your measurements before you start. I used string instead of a tape measure...then labeled each string with the date and body part. I didn't want to get stuck on #'s. Also, I'm a visual person and wanted to SEE what I was losing. There will be a time when we don't lose pounds, but lose inches instead.

Next step for me is to get in more exercise. I started slow by doing little things:

keeping the frozen food in the basement freezer, so I have to walk up and down steps to get them

parking farther away at work

It also helps that my office is on the second floor and bathrooms (and everything else is on the main floor). Trust me drinking ALL that water, and eating fiber....well those 18 steps one way add up during a day.

Good luck!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new also this is a big step for me. I am a little nervous but excited to get my food and start. I have over 100 plus pounds to lose so this is going to be tough. Any advice that people have is greatly appreciated.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Im New Too!

Just ordered my food today...see you ordered a week ago, but have some similarities and thought we could keep each other in line! lol
    I am not a new parent, but have never been overweight until my last one...have 40 lbs to lose (maybe a bit more?) Have had tons of trouble getting the weight off after my baby (now 5 yrs old)...So that's my story...hope we can help each other and anyone else in a similar situation!!!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome, all!

I'm just finishing my first week on NS - tomorrow will be my first weigh in.

I have to agree with Julie - loving it! And, as she said, you feel like you're constantly eating! Yesterday was just a lazy Sunday at home and it seemed like I kept telling my hubby, "oh, it's time to go eat again!" The food has been the biggest pleasant surprise - almost everything I've tried so far as been GOOD! There's (I think) one dinner entree and one lunch that I'm not planning on ordering next time, but it wasn't bad, just not as good as the others.

I like Julie's idea of the basement freezer. Now, only if I had a basement...... oh well. Great idea.

Best wishes to us all on this journey.

Jill

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am in the middle of my 4th week on the program and love it! I have a hard time eating all the required food and I never feel hungry anymore! Last week was difficult as my dad passed away and I ate out a few times, but managed to make healthy choices. My advice is to eat all the food and make sure you drink all the water. Good luck to all the newbies

Darlene