Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Travel And Nutrisystem-can it work?

I want to start Nutrisystem but not sure if I should invest. I travel a lot for my job and I am at home only on the weekends. Can I do this system while plane & hotel hopping?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Many people do. The easiest thing to bring on a plane for lunch are the entree bars. They have quite a few different choices which is nice. You'll still need to add a protein and veggies for lunch, but you can move things around too to have at more convenient times.

You can also have all your lunch foods for dinner and vice versa. Some people will warm up their NS entree and put it in a thermos and bring it with them, although I think you'd have to eat that before boarding the plane as it's probably considered a liquid.

Many people I've seen on these forums are frequent plane travelers and while it does require a little more planing and effort, it is totally doable.

PS. If you want a coupon for $30 off your first order, send me a message with your name & email and I'll email you Nutrisystem Buddy Bucks.

Erin

Go Team Red!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Erin, thanks for the coupon offer! Please send to krazymex30@bellsouth.net

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

See my latest post

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Also, a lot of hotels have the "breakfast" included and you can usually get your skim milk, fruit and yogurt there. If you pack the bars, maybe granola or some cereal and the shake packets (with shaker) you'd be getting a good start. Not sure if you drive or fly to travel but, if flying, check the airline and see...you should be able to take the dry cup lunches/dinners too and just add boiling water to them. Most hotels now have microwaves in the rooms or in the dining area.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Barbarella View Post
    Erin, thanks for the coupon offer! Please send to krazymex30@bellsouth.net
    Hi Barbarella,

I tried to send your Buddy Bucks but someone must have taken your email from this post and done it before me.

Erin

Go Team Red!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

It seems as though doing the breakfasts would definitely be easier while on the go, but I like the mix of bars and "prep" meals for lunches and dinners. I don't travel a lot for work, but I work full-time and am a full-time Masters student who doesn't get to "sit" for very long in one place.

Good luck!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I started today and packed a larger suitcase to hold my NS supply. Will have to check a bag instead of carry on. Not a big deal was hoping to avoid baggage claim! I'll be posting on how it goes!

Like 263 Times in 163 Posts

So few people use baggage check nowadays that I don't find getting my luggage a hassle at all.

The other posters have already given you good hints on breakfast.

For lunch and dinners, if your hotel room has a fridge and microwave, you can make a quick stop at a grocery store for a bag of salads and other cut veggies (or a veggie tray), you can also get some yogurt, fruit and a bag of Tyson pre-cooked fajita chicken strips. (or get the some stuff from the hotel's breakfast bar) A few paper plates, some plasticware and you have food for the whole week.

It really can be done if you have a plan in place for how you are determined to proceed.
    cgbinky aka Jan

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Jan! I hadn't thought about the lack of checked luggage. Its nice to hear from someone that travels enough to give me some advice. Wish me luck!