Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Allowed?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Coffee Allowed?

Is coffee allowed as part of the daily beverage count....also is Coffeemate Natural Bliss creamer allowed in the coffee?

Like 152 Times in 95 Posts

Coffee is allowed but it doesn't count towards water unless it is decaf. Creamers are permitted. 35 calories worth is a limited extra.
    cgbinky aka Jan

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I could not do any diet that totally excluded coffee! VBG! I also love putting coffee in my shakes instead of water! I have drastically cut back on my coffee consumption but can never give it up completely!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coffee is allowed. I read somewhere you can add it to your coffee flavored protein drink for a little added flavor/change? I'm trying that this morning.

It's been a year or so since I was on the NS Advance program and I think it was counted towards your water intake. (maybe I'm wrong, memory going with age! LOL) But I'm not sure on the Success Program. If I'm reading cgbinky's post right, the new program may not count caffeinated drinks?? Caffeine can have a diuretic effect so maybe that's why those drinks don't count toward your water intake????

-----------------------------
    Calvin
    Round 2!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foodaholic12 View Post
    I could not do any diet that totally excluded coffee! VBG! I also love putting coffee in my shakes instead of water! I have drastically cut back on my coffee consumption but can never give it up completely!
    I'm with you! I haven't always been a coffee junky but the last 47 years I've really enjoyed it. (I turned 48 last month, so there was that one year that my mother limited my intake! LOL)

-----------------------------
    Calvin
    Round 2!

Like 152 Times in 95 Posts

That is correct Calvin. All drinks that contain caffeine do not count towards your water because of the diuretic effects.
    cgbinky aka Jan

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am a serious coffee drinker, black only. Since day one I have drank my coffee and have lost weight. If coffee wasn't allowed, I would not do NS. Now if you add flavors, creamers and sugars, I'm sure that would make a difference, but not sure how much.

Best wishes

Vicki

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have wondered this same thing. I'm on my first week(newbie!). I think I understand what is allowed for creamers.. up to 35 cal. I just purchased a Keurig a couple weeks ago. I really love flavored coffees, and there are flavored K-cups that I'd like to get but haven't yet till I know what is allowed. The coffees that come already flavored, I assume would be the same, up to 35 cal.?

Like 1,281 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dream2185 View Post
    i have wondered this same thing. I'm on my first week(newbie!). I think I understand what is allowed for creamers.. up to 35 cal. I just purchased a Keurig a couple weeks ago. I really love flavored coffees, and there are flavored K-cups that I'd like to get but haven't yet till I know what is allowed. The coffees that come already flavored, I assume would be the same, up to 35 cal.?
    Flavored brewed coffee does not have any significant calories so it is fine to use.

Just keep in mind that with the Limited Extras (up to 35 calories) you are limited to 3 per day.
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by losingw8now View Post
    Flavored brewed coffee does not have any significant calories so it is fine to use.

Just keep in mind that with the Limited Extras (up to 35 calories) you are limited to 3 per day.
    I actually just read on the Keurig site that their flavored coffees have no calories, YAY, and no added sweeteners. Happy day for me and yes, I am constantly reminding myself only 3 extras a day lol