Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like 3 Times in 2 Posts

Default How to purchase frozen foods a la carte

Is there any way to add frozen foods to my order a la carte and NOT order the sampler pack or change my plan?! There are several items in the sampler that I could not and would not eat (the Chef's Table dinners except for 1 were terrible to me), and I would like to try some others that I choose.

Start Date: 03/03/2010 Weight: 169.0 BMI = 26.5
    GOAL Met!: 09/26/2010 Weight: 134.6 BMI = 21
    Maintaining below goal for 2 years!
    Current Weight: 129 BMI = 20

Roorat

Like 1,610 Times in 918 Posts

Sadly, it's not possible at this time!
    Christie
    Living healthy and sunny at 49.
    Click --> to become FB friends.

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeIamFit View Post
    Sadly, it's not possible at this time!
    That really and truly sucks!!! I will NEVER get the frozen foods unless I can choose what I want or if they are freebies like last time. I don't understand why NS is forcing us to have their pre selected items and we're paying for things that will either be tossed in the garbage disposer, trash can, or pawned off on a pet. Why should we have to change our plan just to try out new foods?! Totally ridiculous IMO.

Start Date: 03/03/2010 Weight: 169.0 BMI = 26.5
    GOAL Met!: 09/26/2010 Weight: 134.6 BMI = 21
    Maintaining below goal for 2 years!
    Current Weight: 129 BMI = 20

Roorat

Quote Originally Posted by roorat60 View Post
    I will NEVER get the frozen foods unless I can choose what I want or if they are freebies like last time.
    NS allows us to customize all our orders, including the frozen foods. There is absolutely no reason to order any foods you don't like.
    Christie

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

If you pay the extra $23 to be able to Customize your Frozen choices, then you can choose EXACTLY what you want from all of the Frozen items that NS offers! But I get the Auto-Delivery orders (about every three months)--it sounds like you are only ordering by the A La Carte method?

I think it's worth the extra cost to customize my Frozen and add that variety along with my Shelf Stable choices. I order 10 French Toast for Breakfast; Burritos, Pizzas and Ham and Cheese Melts for Lunch; and Dinner is the hardest since there are SO MANY choices. I did find that I really like two of the Chef's Choice Dinners so I ordered 4 each of those and a couple other non-Chef ones that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestStamper View Post
    If you pay the extra $23 to be able to Customize your Frozen choices, then you can choose EXACTLY what you want from all of the Frozen items that NS offers!.
    I was so pleased when NS introduced the ability to customize. That's when I went back to Select! I don't let the grocery store choose what goes in my cart, and I'm not interested in doing it elsewhere either.
    Christie

Like 85 Times in 72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roorat60 View Post
    That really and truly sucks!!! I will NEVER get the frozen foods unless I can choose what I want or if they are freebies like last time. I don't understand why NS is forcing us to have their pre selected items and we're paying for things that will either be tossed in the garbage disposer, trash can, or pawned off on a pet. Why should we have to change our plan just to try out new foods?! Totally ridiculous IMO.
    I totally agree with you. I am still on the Advanced Program. I don't want to HAVE to switch to Select Program just to sample some frozen food. Secondly, you don't even get to try all of the frozen food unless you pay extra to customize. And....if I don't like the food on Select, there is no way I'd be allowed to switch back to Advance.

Like 4,052 Times in 2,434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeIamFit View Post
    NS allows us to customize all our orders, including the frozen foods. There is absolutely no reason to order any foods you don't like.
    But you can't order them ala carte. I would for sure order some of the items if you could do that. But the sampler's have too many things I don't like. And I'm not on auto-delivery so that isn't an option.

I agree with Roo....sucks that I can't pick and choose a frozen ala carte order. I'm about to place on order, and have to limit myself to the shelf stuff.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 4,052 Times in 2,434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chica13 View Post
    I totally agree with you. I am still on the Advanced Program. I don't want to HAVE to switch to Select Program just to sample some frozen food. Secondly, you don't even get to try all of the frozen food unless you pay extra to customize. And....if I don't like the food on Select, there is no way I'd be allowed to switch back to Advance.
    You don't have to switch to Success Select in order to sample the frozen. You can buy one of the sampler packs ala carte. I've done that a couple of times. But there are things in there I don't care for (I'm allergic to shellfish for one). And some of the desserts have too much Sorbital for my body.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 85 Times in 72 Posts

Are the newer foods included in the sampler pack; chef items, fudge brownie sundae?