Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Can You Do Low Carb on Nutri-System?

I'm thinking about it.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

why

Like 1,820 Times in 1,039 Posts

Default Losing Weight While Eating Lots of Carbs - YAY!

NS is NOT a low-carb plan. But it uses low-GI carbs ... the good carbs! Sadly, the media has made too many people believe that low carb is required to lose weight. That couldn't be any further from the truth. You can lose weight eating the right carbs and feel great along the way.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I wish you and your family...

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 2,360 Times in 1,461 Posts

I second the why?

NS is not a low carb diet. But low carbs is not necessarily good for you. More important than restricting the amount of carbs you consume, you should be looking at the quality of the carbs. You want to avoid simple carbs -- i.e. refined, bleached flour, white breads, sugar, etc. as these spike your blood sugar. NS focuses on carbs that are low on the glycemic index -- complex carbs (whole grains, beans, strachy vegetables, fruit) that take longer to digest and don't have the same affect on your blood sugar.

The thought of never eating bread, pasta, fruit, etc. does not appeal to me.
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Not Losing Fast As I Want

This will be my third order and I'm only down seven pounds. Was just thinking low carb would speed up the weight loss.

Like 2,360 Times in 1,461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LocMama57 View Post
    This will be my third order and I'm only down seven pounds. Was just thinking low carb would speed up the weight loss.
    Have you called a counselor and gone over your food plan to see if you are following the program correctly? You can list out a typical day or two of food and we can see if there are adjustments you need to make. How many calories are you averaging? How much weight do you need to lose?
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

Like 30 Times in 26 Posts

We cut out all wheat and sugar. Still eat fruit. Isn't that low carb ? I think wheat , no white potatoes and no sugar is the way to eat for life. I'm not doing NS food anymore. I learned a lot on it. My DH is all Palio , no dairy or sugar or grains. I like dairy.

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

3 weeks or 3rd box? Just confused because it says you joined in March so it would be your 2nd box?
    Melissa

Like 1,287 Times in 748 Posts

I'm thinking about it.
    You probably could go through all the items and pick the ones lower in carbs if you want, but there's really no benefit to that. Seems to me that if I were going to basically design my own diet plan and do all that work, I wouldn't need to pay for all of Nutrisystem's research and development.

I like the high fiber and protein content of all the items, even those with carbs. I'm not messing with success.

You all know where this thread is going to lead - don't you.

Trust the program, but if you don't, maybe a different diet plan would be better for you.

JMHO
    K

Like 93 Times in 81 Posts

Hi LocMama57
    The Nutrisystem program is a well balanced diet. Nutrisystem entrees are Low-GI "good carbs" that digest slowly and help keep your blood sugar stable. It also helps keep you feeling full and your body burning calories more efficiently. The program is geared to a ratio of carbs, protein and fat. A lower carbohydrate diet may affect your weight lose in ways we cannot predict.
    Nutrition & Dietary Services

You can also email program related questions to:

dietaryservices@nutrisystem.com