Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default How to mix protein drink

Help. I packed up all of my food for the week for work. However, the packets of protein drink do not have mixing instructions on them. I think I remember milk and ice but I am not sure. Also, I do not have access to ice at work, nor do I have a freezer to store it in if I bought it. Any advice?

Karin

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I used to fill it up with cold water, up to the last fill line (can't remember the number of oz- sorry). I also do not have ice at work.

So I've decided to have them at night at home, cause it tastes so much better with frozen veggies and ice.. (in a blender)

Want to join nutrisystem?
    Just click HERE and ask for Buddy BUCKS. I will send you a coupon worth 30$!!

Like 7 Times in 3 Posts

It is 6oz of liquid and some ice cubes. Remember that if you use milk it counts as a powerfuel (or a portion of one). The packet calls for water. I'm not sure what else to suggest, because I have a small blender at work and use that, or I just skip it, or use my blender at home. They taste much better that way, and if you do have a blender at home, you don't have to eat any food in a particular order!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

the preparation instructions are shown under Member Market

here is what is listed for the chocolate protein drink

eparation Method

1. Add cup (6 oz) of water and 1 cup (8 oz) of ice to the Nutrisystem Shaker. 2. Drop in the Nutrisystem Shaker wire whisk and powder mix. Screw on the lid and press down the flip top. 3. Shake vigorously to dissolve powder (approx. 40 times).

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I add 16 oz. of ice/water in a blender. Then I can count it as a water serving. I put a banana/strawberry in it (my afternoon carb) - but more filling and get's ONE water out of the way. It makes a HUGE cupful of drink - and very filling. Then I eat my breakfast about 90 minutes later - just stretching out my food during the day.

Is it okay that I am doing it this way?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ever since I read the recipe here on the boards, I've treated the protein shake as a "frosting", by just adding enough water to mix in all the powder. Today I added a few drops of orange extract (to the chocolate protein drink) and used it as a frosting for my frozen pancakes. Delicious!

BENAY

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like to use a bullet mixer, I put 1 cup water,1/2cup plain f.f. greek yogurt and, 1/2cup fruit. the bullet comes with serving cups with lids, I keep it in the fridge at work.I think the ice makes it too watery and thin. I like more of a shake consistancy. remember the yogurt is 1/2 pf and the fruit is 1/2 sc.

Like 180 Times in 129 Posts

I just put a tad of water in first, then pour the mix in, throw the ball in, add the rest of the water, add a couple of pieces of ice. Screw the cap on and make sure the spout clicks shut and do the NS protein dance. The NS protein dance is shaking the cup up and down with both hands for about 15 seconds (while bouncing up and down), then shaking it side to side for about 15 seconds(while shaking your hips) then repeat up and down. I've tried adding steps to my dance but I'm not coordinted enough. My honey and office mates get a big kick out watching me (I'm not shy). I take the lid off and use a straw to drink out of the cup with since I can't pop the little sippy portion up without injury to myself or the kitchen.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Thank you all. Some great ideas here. Had my first protein shake today and it wasn't bad. I ended up just filling it to the top line with cold water from the cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by livetodive View Post
    I just put a tad of water in first, then pour the mix in, throw the ball in, add the rest of the water, add a couple of pieces of ice. Screw the cap on and make sure the spout clicks shut and do the NS protein dance. The NS protein dance is shaking the cup up and down with both hands for about 15 seconds (while bouncing up and down), then shaking it side to side for about 15 seconds(while shaking your hips) then repeat up and down. I've tried adding steps to my dance but I'm not coordinted enough. My honey and office mates get a big kick out watching me (I'm not shy). I take the lid off and use a straw to drink out of the cup with since I can't pop the little sippy portion up without injury to myself or the kitchen.
    I love the "NS Shake". I would not be coordinated enough to add more steps. lol Luckily I am usually the only one in the office in the AM. And, yeah, I had some trouble popping that little lid today. Luckily, it did NOT result in injury to myself and others. Although I probably should make that disclaimer when anybody is in the room with me.

Karin