Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Suggestions for Smart Carbs vs. Power Fuels

I am having a hard time understanding the "Power Fuels" and Smart Carbs without getting burned out on them. What suggestions do you have for Power Fuels at morning snack and your suggestions on Smart Carb at afternoon snack. I just got in my first order and will start in the morning but I'm not sure what all to buy at the grocery store.

Like 7 Times in 3 Posts

You might benefit from taking a look at the "Grocery Guide" link under the Recipe Center tab above. It is a very good list of both SmartCarbs and PowerFuels and includes a list of veggies as well. I would suggest looking at it and picking a few things you like to start. Also, if you haven't yet, please read the Resource Guide that came with your order. Things will make more sense.
    Lastly, one of your SmartCarbs everyday MUST be a fruit, so stock up on that!

Like 1,720 Times in 980 Posts

Default Welcome to NS!

Welcome to NS, 1955dh. My favorite PowerFuels are hard-boiled eggs, peanut butter and chicken breast. For SmartCarbs I use fruit, whole wheat bread/crackers, quinoa, brown rice or wheat pasta. On many days, I save a morning PF and have peanut butter toast in the afternoon.

You can find lots of ideas for PF and SC here:

I wish you much success!
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 4,644 Times in 2,799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1955dh View Post
    I am having a hard time understanding the "Power Fuels" and Smart Carbs without getting burned out on them. What suggestions do you have for Power Fuels at morning snack and your suggestions on Smart Carb at afternoon snack. I just got in my first order and will start in the morning but I'm not sure what all to buy at the grocery store.
    PowerFuels are basically protein. So meats, eggs, low fat cheese are the main choices. But there are a bunch of them to choose from. In the morning -- whatever sounds good to you. I like string cheese, and egg, and sometimes some turkey bacon or morningstar veggie patty.

Smartcarbs are carbohydrates that are low on the Glycemic Index. They can be all fruit if you want. But I also enjoy whole grain products, and corn, and peas. Sometimes some brown rice. But at first, you can simply choose fruit for both of your SmartCarbs if that makes it easier for you. At least one of your daily SmartCarbs needs to be a fruit.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

That you all for your help!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks kristi and michelle. Michelle I made a eggmuf ns muffin out of one egg and 1/4 cup f.f. cheese with the bagel. It was yummy. thanks for the advice.
    wish I had more bagels.

Like 4,644 Times in 2,799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maeruthumb View Post
    thanks kristi and michelle. Michelle I made a eggmuf ns muffin out of one egg and 1/4 cup f.f. cheese with the bagel. It was yummy. thanks for the advice.
    wish I had more bagels.
    So that was an NS breakfast entree plus 1 and a half PowerFuels, right?

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by m2marsh View Post
    I like string cheese, and egg, and sometimes some turkey bacon or morningstar veggie patty
    Michelle!!! I too LOVE boca products and Morningstar patties. I just put mine in the deep freezer, thinking I couldn't have them anymore for a very long time. I CAN???? I am super excited! So my favorite is the spicy blackbean burger... would that be considered a power fuel? Or would that be an actual meal? I AM SUPER EXCITED NOW!!! I miss my Morningstar products!!!
    Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
    ~Robert Collier

2013 is MY YEAR!!!

Like 14 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Myturn12 View Post
    Michelle!!! I too LOVE boca products and Morningstar patties. I just put mine in the deep freezer, thinking I couldn't have them anymore for a very long time. I CAN???? I am super excited! So my favorite is the spicy blackbean burger... would that be considered a power fuel? Or would that be an actual meal? I AM SUPER EXCITED NOW!!! I miss my Morningstar products!!!

your black bean burgers meet the stats for a power fuel from what I can tell, anyone have anything to add?

Like 33 Times in 23 Posts

Yum! Love those black bean burgers I don't follow the Success plan, but it does appear they'd be a fine PF. DH & I often use them with a sandwich thin or whole grain english muffin as a dinner or lunch entree. Good stuff!
    -tess