Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melted!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Melted!

I just received my second order and over 14 items were melted!

I contacted customer service and the lady stated, "Yeah, the chocolates melt in the summer time, but you can put them in the fridge and they're completely edible."

I don't know about anyone else, but I find that completely unacceptable! When I purchase a good, I expect to receive it in perfect/new condition.

I asked her why do they not put ice pack in with it. The response: "Oh, that would be more cost for us."

But when I countered and asked, "Well, now you're re-shipping these items out to me, that's not an additional cost?" She completely ignored me.

If NS knows this is a known problem, why not rectify it? Or at least notify me prior to and tell me that I have chocolate items in my order and they may melt. Something to be a little more customer-centric.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I feel your pain. I received not only my BBB but also my FF box yesterday. All of my FF food was warm. Apparently, FedEx delayed my shipment by 2 days. Had to throw away the entire box of food. Also, 28 items in my BBB had to be replaced also. Everything chocolate was completely melted. My CS lady was nice and is replacing the melted 28 items (I can still keep the melted ones they are fine to eat just not as pretty) and sending a new box of FF food ASAP. They also gave me a 10 dollar credit.

Like 170 Times in 125 Posts

We have all had this in the summer. Whats to say the reorder won't melt too?
    Just put them in the fridge and they may look different but they taste the same.
    Just accept it. It may happen.

73 years young, joined at age 66, October '06.
    Always trying to lose more. I eat NS about 50% now.
    GOAL reached, 170 -50 8/2007 first 10 months (40 weeks)

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Obie's right. It's what happens in the summer. That's why I don't order some of the items in the summer. Some companies just plain don't ship chocolate in the summer at all.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obie3 View Post
    We have all had this in the summer. Whats to say the reorder won't melt too?
    Just put them in the fridge and they may look different but they taste the same.
    Just accept it. It may happen.
    Thanks Nancy for your response. As previously stated, this is my second order, so I was not aware of the issue.

It really is not as easy for me to "Just accept it." When I pay for a product, I expect it to be of certain quality when received - as I ordered it. If I order something from another website, I expect the same - not to have to make accomodations.

Nothing is to say the reorder won't melt. I'm pretty certain it will, to which I will contact them again to do something about.

As a business owner, myself, I wouldn't tell my customers to "Just accept it." I would correct the problem. If it costs more, why not give me an option to pay a couple more bucks for an ice pack to ensre stuff doesn't melt?

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

Well,I agree, if they are going to spend all of that money to reship, replace items and give credits, they should just ship them properly in the first place. Seems like that would be more cost effective and customer friendly.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cigfran View Post
    Obie's right. It's what happens in the summer. That's why I don't order some of the items in the summer. Some companies just plain don't ship chocolate in the summer at all.
    Yeah, it looks like I'll have the make those changes on the next order. It just seems that some type of warning or notification would be given so it can be expected. You're right... some of my vendors will not ship chocolate. Some include the cooling system with their pricing and some add the cost to it if I need it.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe NS should just put a note by chocolate items that they may melt during the warmer months. They would raise rates if needed to package nonfrozen items with a cold pack. I have had a few items melt but they still tasted fine. Its my decision to continue ordering the chocolate knowing this is a possibility. I for one dont want my rates raised. I am sorry that your shipment came melted but no one can control the weather. Its nice that they are replacing the frozen for you as they should. Seems like Fed Ex dropped the ball on that one.
    Hope your replacements arrived in good order.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jntsmom1 View Post
    Maybe NS should just put a note by chocolate items that they may melt during the warmer months. They would raise rates if needed to package nonfrozen items with a cold pack. I have had a few items melt but they still tasted fine. Its my decision to continue ordering the chocolate knowing this is a possibility. I for one dont want my rates raised. I am sorry that your shipment came melted but no one can control the weather. Its nice that they are replacing the frozen for you as they should. Seems like Fed Ex dropped the ball on that one.
    Hope your replacements arrived in good order.
    That would be a great idea, so that people would know they are taking the risk of selecting an item that may melt. I know going forward, now, which items that I should not order.

Like 1,994 Times in 1,180 Posts

And so, it starts....

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.