Discussion Boards

Thread: Carrots

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Carrots

Hi, I don't know much about computers so I hope I am doing this right. I just started today and was wondering are carrots considered a non starchy vegetables? Do any of you have great ideas on how to spice up the vegetables to make them even more yummy? Thanks

Like 4,640 Times in 2,796 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scanninggirl View Post
    Hi, I don't know much about computers so I hope I am doing this right. I just started today and was wondering are carrots considered a non starchy vegetables? Do any of you have great ideas on how to spice up the vegetables to make them even more yummy? Thanks
    Yes, carrots are unlimited. And veggie that ISN'T on the SmartCarb list is an unlimited veggie. Unless it isn't listed on either the veggie or SmartCarb ist. Then you'd need to call or ask here.

I like to roast veggies sprinkled with olive oil and Mrs. Dash.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Thanks

Thank you and I will try them with olive oil and Mrs Dash. I sure appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanninggirl View Post
    Thank you and I will try them with olive oil and Mrs Dash. I sure appreciate the help.
    Just a tiny bit of oil though! Just enough to make the spices stick.

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Michelle - I'm looking at my NS Advanced planner and it lists several unlimited veggies, but carrots aren't one of them - a serving is listed as 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw. So did the carrots serving change to "unlimited" when NS switched over to the Success plan?

If you're new to Nutrisystem be sure to send me an email at JCOE@DAL.CA before you order - I can send you buddy bucks which will save you $30 off your first order.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank You, I will be careful with the oil. I have been so amazed at how supportive everyone is here. Thank You again and God Bless

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank You, I am new to Nutrisystem, I have received my first order yesterday. I appreciate the offer though, or can I use if on a future order? Thanks again and God Bless

Like 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Janel009 View Post
    Michelle - I'm looking at my NS Advanced planner and it lists several unlimited veggies, but carrots aren't one of them - a serving is listed as 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw. So did the carrots serving change to "unlimited" when NS switched over to the Success plan?
    I believe carrots were changed to unlimited when Success was rolled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Janel009 View Post
    On Success, all non-starchy veggies are unlimited. Carrots are a little higher in sugar than some veggies, so on Advanced they were limited.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting. Good to know. Thanks!

If you're new to Nutrisystem be sure to send me an email at JCOE@DAL.CA before you order - I can send you buddy bucks which will save you $30 off your first order.