Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Melted Chocolate

When my BBB arrived the chocolate was melted and it did not sit out on the porch. I brought it right in. Does Fed Ex not have air in their trucks or are the warehouses hot or what? I know it is Summer and it is hot but I really don't think the chocolate should be melted on delivery. Should I not order chocolate until Summer is over? Anyone else have this problem?

Like 18 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happycat57 View Post
    Does Fed Ex not have air in their trucks or are the warehouses hot or what?
    The back of the delivery trucks do not have AC. Some warehouses may not have AC.

Should I not order chocolate until Summer is over? Anyone else have this problem?
    If you search the threads, it is a common problem.
    2010: http://boards.members.nutrisystem.co...d.php?t=179639
    2011: http://boards.members.nutrisystem.co...d.php?t=199327
    2012: http://boards.members.nutrisystem.co...d.php?t=213837

Some people don't order chocolate in the summer, but stock up in the cooler months. Some people use the melted chocolate as a basis for making peanut butter cups with something like PB2.

Either way - just pop the stuff in your fridge. It may be shaped a bit funny, but it should taste fine.

Last edited by -patrick; 07-13-2012 at 02:04 AM.
    I'm finding I like veggies more than I like being fat.

It's Not About the Nail.

“I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.”
    Thomas Jefferson

I do not speak for Nutrisystem.
    Nutrisystem approved responses come from “Dietary_Services1” and/or “Moderator".

Like 263 Times in 163 Posts

I don't know if the delivery trucks have a/c even up front for the drivers, but I doubt they would a/c the cargo area of the truck. It gets opened and closed so much throughout the day that it would never stay at a consistent temperature. Plus you have the cargo planes on the tarmac at the airport, the semi-trucks, etc. Just too many transfer points to have a/c do any good.
    cgbinky aka Jan

Like 38 Times in 25 Posts

I guess I got lucky. When my order came two days ago the bars were pretty intact. Perhaps a little sticky to the wrapper but otherwise intact. The chocolate donut frosting was all over the wrapper this morning but I just scraped it off with a knife and spread it back on the donut before I nuked it.

Maybe it's because my delivery has a fairly short trip, from MD to NY, and I usually get it in 2-3 days.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 07-13-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Ellie and her Nutribear crew

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

When my BBB arrived the chocolate was melted and it did not sit out on the porch. I brought it right in. Does Fed Ex not have air in their trucks or are the warehouses hot or what? I know it is Summer and it is hot but I really don't think the chocolate should be melted on delivery. Should I not order chocolate until Summer is over? Anyone else have this problem?
    The trucks don't have air, and typically the sorting warehouses don't have air either.. My dad works for UPS, and I remember running around the warehouse with my sister on weekends that he'd have to work, and it was HOT

I think it just depends on how far your box has to travel... My BBB came from Maryland, I'm in Philly, and even my Nutrichocolates survived the trip... When I looked at the tracking from Fed-Ex, it was picked up around 630 PM from NS, and was delivered the next day at 10 AM... talk about quick service

Like 3 Times in 2 Posts

Maybe they could offer more chocolate in the frozen selections during the summer for us chocoholics

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love it when it comes all melted. Then I use the wrapper to form a bar shape, pop that baby in the freezer and by dessert time....I'm eating a hershey's chocolate bar!! MMMmm mmmm!

Kimberly

9-10-12 Start .... 249.5
    Week 1 (M 19) (E 205) (W 247)
    Week 2 (M 70) (E 165) (W 247)
    Week 3 (M 161)(E 185) (W 247)
    Week 4 (M 215)(E 105) (W 242.6)
    Week 5 (M 250)(E 75)
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    ENDING RESULTS ..... Weight Lost #

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dremwvr View Post
    I love it when it comes all melted. Then I use the wrapper to form a bar shape, pop that baby in the freezer and by dessert time....I'm eating a hershey's chocolate bar!! MMMmm mmmm!
    Way to go! And I've had this problem just going out on vacation and taking my NS food with me. But a nice trip in the freezer solves most of these woes.

My Toolbox
    Costco (NS giftcards)
    MyFitnessPal (HUGE food DB)
    Fitbit Tracker & scale (steps+stairs per day, exercise logging)
    RunKeeper (GPS route)

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I worked for Fed Ex at a warehouse loading trucks (on the middle of the night shift) back when I was in college. The warehouses DO NOT have AC, it gets HOT.....neither do the trucks (big or delivery!) I guess I am lucky even on hot days, I still have not had any melted chocolate!
    If its a problem to you, as others have suggested....don't order chocolate items in the heat of summer and stock up on them in cooler months if wanted/needed.

KRISTINA
    ]

Like 201 Times in 149 Posts

Hello happycat57,

We are very sorry to hear that your chocolate was melted upon arrival. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-585-5483 for assistance. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.