Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sevierville, TN
    Posts
    313
    Likes
    0
    Like 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default "Open the Box. Eat the Food. Lose the Weight. It's that Simple." Incorrect.

    Your current slogan on the ads really isn't right and is misleading in my opinion.

    If all someone did is ""Open the Box. Eat the Food.", they would likely not lose weight because they wouldn't be eating enough. The plan doesn't work without the add-ins either because you put your body in starvation mode and shut down your metabolism or because you are so hungry you go way overboard in eating.

    I think the slogan should be "Open the Box. Follow the Plan. Lose the Weight. It's that Simple.". It's only the complete plan with the food in the box and the add-ins that works.








  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,543
    Likes
    49
    Like 41 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    You know, that's a good point, and I've thought the same thing when I've seen the commercials. I like your version of the tag-line better - it's still the same idea, but it's a clearer picture of what we actually need to do to make the plan work.
    “Whatever you proclaim as your identity here in the material realm is also your drag. You are not your religion. You are not your skin color. You are not your gender, your politics, your career, or your marital status. You are none of the superficial things that this world deems important. The real you is the energy force that created the entire universe!” - RuPaul

    Goal reached May 11, 2013 - 45 lbs lost!


  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 1971
    Location
    Ft. Washington, Pa
    Posts
    33,723
    Likes
    20
    Like 201 Times in 149 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_KidAtHeart View Post
    Your current slogan on the ads really isn't right and is misleading in my opinion.

    If all someone did is ""Open the Box. Eat the Food.", they would likely not lose weight because they wouldn't be eating enough. The plan doesn't work without the add-ins either because you put your body in starvation mode and shut down your metabolism or because you are so hungry you go way overboard in eating.

    I think the slogan should be "Open the Box. Follow the Plan. Lose the Weight. It's that Simple.". It's only the complete plan with the food in the box and the add-ins that works.

    Thanks for the Suggestion DM_KidAtHeart! We are happy to pass it along!

    Best Wishes!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    14,126
    Likes
    15
    Like 444 Times in 352 Posts

    Default

    A young friend of mine was looking for just a such program, where she wouldn't have to buy and prepare anything else but NS food. When I told her it wasn't the case with NS, she decided for herself it wasn't for her ... that and there were too many things with mushrooms (doesn't eat them). She isn't much of a cook and is looking for an "easy fix" to her problem. NS is great but not magic.







    COMPARE AND DESPAIR
    Don't compare yourself to others along your weight loss journey. Every person is
    different and will encounter completely individual challenges and rates of weight loss.

    If you fall off the wagon, there is always time to climb back on.

    "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion." Phil. 1:6

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sevierville, TN
    Posts
    313
    Likes
    0
    Like 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyOldAlice View Post
    A young friend of mine was looking for just a such program, where she wouldn't have to buy and prepare anything else but NS food. When I told her it wasn't the case with NS, she decided for herself it wasn't for her ... that and there were too many things with mushrooms (doesn't eat them). She isn't much of a cook and is looking for an "easy fix" to her problem. NS is great but not magic.
    Yea, there are programs where you don't have to do any fixing at all, and they cost A LOT more than NS does (as they should).








  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    14,126
    Likes
    15
    Like 444 Times in 352 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_KidAtHeart View Post
    Yea, there are programs where you don't have to do any fixing at all, and they cost A LOT more than NS does (as they should).
    You say like hiring your own cook! I know that it was a stretch for my friend to afford NS, but she had seen my success and did ask about the program. Even with the buddy bucks I sent her, she made the decision that it wasn't for her. We should all try to do what is right for us at a given time. I believe there are a lot of good programs out there, not I don't believe that there is a one that is right for everyone. I've probably done them all ... LOL!







    COMPARE AND DESPAIR
    Don't compare yourself to others along your weight loss journey. Every person is
    different and will encounter completely individual challenges and rates of weight loss.

    If you fall off the wagon, there is always time to climb back on.

    "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion." Phil. 1:6

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,559
    Likes
    15
    Like 167 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_KidAtHeart View Post
    Yea, there are programs where you don't have to do any fixing at all, and they cost A LOT more than NS does (as they should).
    The real problem with plans that do live up to "Open the box. Eat the food. Lose the weight. It's that simple," is that they don't teach you to change your diet. By keeping you in the grocery store choosing your lean proteins, finding veggies that work for you, and buying low glycemic carbs Nutrisystem has us practicing good habits that will allow us to sustain our weight loss. It's one of the best things about the program in my opinion. Because let's face it, being thin isn't easy. If it was easy everyone would be slim and healthy. In the long run, you gotta put on your sneakers and eat smaller quantities of healthier foods.

    I laughed when I read the title of this post because it's exactly the kind of thing I've thought about when I have been invited to be on film for Nutrisystem. I trip over my own tongue finding ways to say the most positive things that are completely truthful. Here's a quote from the director, "I can see you thinking." And that's not good. lol For instance it sounds so dumb but I never said "All the food is delicious! I loved everything!" because I don't but I did say that there are so many choices everyone can find something they enjoy. I really like the food I order!

    The words in this ad didn't strike exactly the same chord for me that they did for you but I understand your point. And I think Keishia does a great job of fleshing out the slogan by talking about structure. Putting "follow the plan" in there would have been awesome because, I know for me, and for many other users, the system/plan/structure is the key to why Nutrisystem works.

    Start Date: September 1, 2010/188lbs
    Made Goal: August 22, 2011/125lbs


    My Blog:
    Get the Skinny on Nutrisystem!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,543
    Likes
    49
    Like 41 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyChanges View Post
    The real problem with plans that do live up to "Open the box. Eat the food. Lose the weight. It's that simple," is that they don't teach you to change your diet. By keeping you in the grocery store choosing your lean proteins, finding veggies that work for you, and buying low glycemic carbs Nutrisystem has us practicing good habits that will allow us to sustain our weight loss. It's one of the best things about the program in my opinion. Because let's face it, being thin isn't easy. If it was easy everyone would be slim and healthy. In the long run, you gotta put on your sneakers and eat smaller quantities of healthier foods.
    Exactly, Margo!

    But still, I find it really easy - despite the fact that the plan is a little more involved than the tag line would lead us to believe, I don't cook. And I haven't cooked a thing since starting NS - my veggies, SCs and PFs are all really, really simple.
    “Whatever you proclaim as your identity here in the material realm is also your drag. You are not your religion. You are not your skin color. You are not your gender, your politics, your career, or your marital status. You are none of the superficial things that this world deems important. The real you is the energy force that created the entire universe!” - RuPaul

    Goal reached May 11, 2013 - 45 lbs lost!


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,559
    Likes
    15
    Like 167 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaF1163 View Post
    And I haven't cooked a thing since starting NS - my veggies, SCs and PFs are all really, really simple.
    LOL Lisa, you sound like my pal Kristi who extolls the virtues of baby carrots with your Trail Mix Bar and spinach in your smoothie. I am a "roast the cauliflower and pair the entree with a melange of delicious sauteed veggies and roasted garlic" type gal myself. See, the plan works in so many ways!

    Start Date: September 1, 2010/188lbs
    Made Goal: August 22, 2011/125lbs


    My Blog:
    Get the Skinny on Nutrisystem!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,543
    Likes
    49
    Like 41 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyChanges View Post
    LOL Lisa, you sound like my pal Kristi who extolls the virtues of baby carrots with your Trail Mix Bar and spinach in your smoothie. I am a "roast the cauliflower and pair the entree with a melange of delicious sauteed veggies and roasted garlic" type gal myself. See, the plan works in so many ways!
    I'm huge on salads with plain tuna or grilled chicken (pre-cooked, of course, 'cos - kitchen? What kitchen?), I grab pieces of fruit for my SC, greek yogurt for a PF - whatever means I don't have to go near an oven or stove!
    “Whatever you proclaim as your identity here in the material realm is also your drag. You are not your religion. You are not your skin color. You are not your gender, your politics, your career, or your marital status. You are none of the superficial things that this world deems important. The real you is the energy force that created the entire universe!” - RuPaul

    Goal reached May 11, 2013 - 45 lbs lost!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •