Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Do I have to drink my protein shake?

Hey guys,
    I am still on the "old" system where the protein shakes are included, however I just really don't like them. Since they are not required in the new plan, do I have to drink them? Or is it even ok if I have another power fuel instead?
    Thanks

Like 1,529 Times in 874 Posts

The Success plan requires a Protein Drink or PowerFuel at breakfast time. Great options!
    Christie
    Living healthy and happy at 49.
    Click --> to become FB friends.

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 3 Times in 3 Posts

You can replace them with a powerfuel. You can also make them into a cake! I do that often for a tasty treat.

One packet shake mix (vanilla works well for adding flavors)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    3 teaspoons eggbeaters
    Any flavor add-ins you desire (options: 2 TBSP of sugar-free pudding mix or pumpkin work great)

Mix all ingredients in a deep bowl. Add enough water to make batter the consistency of cake batter. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Time will vary depending on your microwave and the consistency you desire.

Like 261 Times in 182 Posts

I don't drink them much in the winter and since, like you, I'm on the plan that includes them I found myself with tons sitting around. Thanks to the boards, I've discovered adding them into my coffee for a mocha coffee (I even add the coffee one's into coffee sometimes). Two birds - one stone.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The shakes

They are good tasting, but I'm interested in what the guy said he adds them to his coffee? I tried them hot, and they just caked up and were yukey
    Tell me how you do it, I really want to add to my coffee.
    Thanks,

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

I would like to know how t add them to coffee or Ron and Frank's. Do you add the whole pack. It's cold out and would like to have a hot drink instead of a cold shake. Thanks

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Today is my frist day and i am trying to get this stuff down pack.

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

Good luck to you abreubea- you will get the hang of it, these forums are a great place to learn.

Like 1,205 Times in 694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sendel16 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am still on the "old" system where the protein shakes are included, however I just really don't like them. Since they are not required in the new plan, do I have to drink them? Or is it even ok if I have another power fuel instead?
    Thanks
    You can list them for sale on the For Sale thread. There are plenty of people that will buy them for about $7 box plus shipping!

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for all your replies. I have mixed them in with my coffee before too, it was quite simple with the nutrisystem shaker bottle, I just put the coffee in the shaker, add the protein shake and shake it vigorously.