Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Protein Shakes-Alternative to NS ones?

Hey all,
    Just wondering if there is another type/brand of protein shake that can be used in place of the NS shakes? Would the SF Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes be ok?

Like 1,823 Times in 1,041 Posts

When I run out of Nutrisystem chocolate protein powder, I use Jay Robb Whey Protein Powder (110 cals / 25g protein). I also use two scoops of EAS Whey Protein Powder for my fruit smoothies (1 scoop = 75 cals / 13g protein).

What are the stats on the SF Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes? How do they compare to the Nutrisystem protein shake stats (approx. 110 cals / 15g protein)?
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I wish you and your family...

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there I use one purchased at GNC called Promasil because there is no sugar and carbs... Im diabetic... There is 90 cals per scoop and 20 g of protien. Comes in 3 flavours but the vanilla and strawberry are amazing mixed with nonsweetened almond milk

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

SF Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes are not real protein shakes, they only have 5g of protein. You can find a much better powerfuel option. Kristi made some good suggestions and I would also recommend Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate, i like the chocolate truffle and Strawberry Mousse, but all the flavors get good reviews. Both flavors are 100 calories and 23g protein with 0g fat.

Racheal

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Atkins ready to drink shakes are good. They are low in carbs but are great when you need to grab something on the go. They are 160 calories though.

Like 2,360 Times in 1,461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsassy View Post
    The Atkins ready to drink shakes are good. They are low in carbs but are great when you need to grab something on the go. They are 160 calories though.
    Not really the greatest option. They have too many calories and fat to be a PowerFuel option. While the protein is decent, the fat (9g) doesn't make them a good choice, even if you drank less than the full bottle.

There are other RTD protein drinks with stats that can be used as a PowerFuel. Muscle Milk Light 100 calorie drinks or EAS ADVANTEDGE Carb Control (110 cals) are two options with stats similar to the NS drinks.

Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

Like 746 Times in 386 Posts

The Wonderslim pudding/shakes (which come in individual serving packets) are really tasty - 100 calories and 15 grams of protein. The Chocorite bulk powder is also very tasty and 75 calories and 12 grams of protein per scoop. Both have some really great flavors. They are available at dietdirect.com and netrition.com, respectively. I also agree that the EAS AdvantEDGE is a really good RTG shake (I don't like the Muscle Milk as well)
    CyberSally

Maintaining at 20+ pounds below goal since 2009!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm using Evolve shakes by the makers of Muscle Milk. I believe the stats are: 110 cal, 2.5g fat, 12g protein and 7g sugar.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about Curves Protein Shakes?

Like 2,360 Times in 1,461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CardMakingCrazy View Post
    How about Curves Protein Shakes?
    What are the nutrition stats? They aren't listed on the Curves website and there is differing information on other websites.
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.