Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 25 Times in 19 Posts

Default Brand name Salad Dressing

I can't find a low calorie salad dressing. Any ideas.

Like 1,717 Times in 977 Posts

Nutrisystem sells single-serving packs of salad dressing in the Grocery Additions section of A La Carte. The Ranch is really good.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bolthouse Farms is yummy! Target sells it.

http://www.bolthouse.com

Like 119 Times in 81 Posts

I hear a lot of people talking about Walden Farms...zero calorie.

I use red wine vinegar with 1/2 tsp olive oil (I actually measure out the olive oil in a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon).

Some people also use lemon juice.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really like Maple Grove Farms of Vermont. I've been getting it at Wal-Mart. They have a sugar-free raspberry that is 5 calories for 2 Tbsp. They also have a balsamic vinegrette that I believe is 35 calories per 2 Tbsp.

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

When you can't find any, I'm wondering how low calorie you're looking for. The old NS plans recommended fat free salad dressings, because they tend to be lowest calories per serving, compared to the low-fat or full-fat versions at most grocery stores. kraft zesty italian fat free, marzetti sweet and sour fat free, store brands of raspberry vinaigrette, fat free ranch and thousand island fat free. If you're mail ordering from a place like netrition, walden farms has a huge variety to try and see if you like the flavors.

Like 6 Times in 2 Posts

Newman's Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger

Like 965 Times in 620 Posts

Rchshoneybunny89, unfortunately the NS salad dressing packets have 70 calories per packet. IMO there are much better salad dressing choices out on the market with far fewer calories. I recommend any dressing you get should be fat free, for the fewest calories (as another poster has mentioned). This may be a trial and error for you, since we all have different tastes. Salad dressings aren't that expensive and there are oftentimes coupons in the Sunday newspaper for them, so I suggest you try a few and see what suits your tastes! I have stopped using salad dressing recently and instead, for 35 calories, I slice up a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and use it to flavor my salad.

I dislike every Walden Farms salad dressing I have tried; they were wasted money.

Like 14 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yhearts View Post
    I really like Maple Grove Farms of Vermont. I've been getting it at Wal-Mart. They have a sugar-free raspberry that is 5 calories for 2 Tbsp. They also have a balsamic vinegrette that I believe is 35 calories per 2 Tbsp.
    +1...the Maple Grove dressings, IMHO, are amazing...also love their fat free Greek dressing.