Discussion Boards

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Like 217 Times in 149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rchshoneybunny89 View Post
    Where did you buy this? It's really expensive on Amazon.
    I first tried it at my gym Life Time Fitness, but later found it cheaper at Sprouts, my daughter buys it at Target.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found all these products at Target yesterday but I was there to get my favorite "dumbcarb" I'm loving the "Kettle Bakes" chips and my mother and myself use them in weight loss with much success, Potatoes are not recommended by any means though by NS but it works for me and my mother who is a tater chip- aholic and she probably would not be able to maintain any eating plan that didnt include her beloved chips. These are a great alternative to the usual greasy yumminess of traditional fried chips.

http://www.kettlebrand.com/our_produ..._chips/?pid=19

Sam
    XOXO

This is the beginning of a new day.
    God has given me this day to use as I will.
    I can waste it or grow in its light and be of service to others.
    But what I do with this day is important because I have exchanged a day of my life for it.
    When tomorrow comes today will be gone forever.
    I hope I will not regret the price I paid for it.

Like 1,776 Times in 1,012 Posts

Sam - congrats to you and your mother who have proven that moderation works, even in weight loss mode. I ate PopChips along the way to goal. Sometimes, a girl just needs a chip. In the right portion, it will not ruin diet success, and as you noted may help the dieter remain on plan. That is the precise reason why so many nutrition and fitness experts put their stamp of approval on moderation / cheat meals / daily treat / etc.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 1,089 Times in 696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.H View Post
    Potatoes are not recommended by any means though by NS ....
    Great that you acknowledged this in your post! Congrats to your success, even going off plan.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great thread and lots of good information. Love these forums! Tomorrow is first NS weigh-in so (obviously) I am still learning my way around this plan, but I LOVE kettle corn. Glad I can work it into my day once in a while - planned for of course!
    ~Wendi~

Like 1,776 Times in 1,012 Posts

Here's the lighter version of the Kettle Corn:

Yesterday, I bought a bag at Whole Foods. It was good, but the regular one is phenomenally better.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm curious what sort of conversations some of you have out in the non-virtual world. Are you surrounded by yes women (or men)? I'm sure not. It certainly seems that on the boards there are some folks that expect to be able to make a statement and hear NOTHING but concurring opinions. Nice gig, if you can get it.

I've been away from the boards for several weeks because of a crazy schedule. Decide to catch up today and what do I see? A post about a product to incorporate into the NS diet. Obviously, the OP likes the product and thinks the stats are good. So far so good.

A post from Poster #2 saying that. . . for her . . . the product has too little protein, too much fat. Okay, so far that seems like "conversation" to me. Cool.

Then the OP replies with a bit of snark. (Or if talking about a non-virtual conversation I would say replies with an edge in his/her voice). Apparently, the OP doesn't like it that the Poster #2 has voiced that the new product does not meet her own personal guidelines. Now I'm puzzled. Why does the OP care if Poster #2 has different personal guidelines? Doesn't the OP routinely post that each person should run their program in the way that works best for them?

Quote Originally Posted by -Kristi- View Post
    You're all right, and to quote another thread, it's "LAUGHABLE."
    The OP appears to ridicule Poster #2 by calling them (or their post) laughable. Is the OP saying that Poster #2's personal guidelines are laughable? Or is the OP saying it is laughable that Poster #2 shared her personal guidelines? Or is the OP ridiculing someone/something else? I'm so confused.

I repeat, I wonder what sort of conversations some of you have in the non-virtual world? Do you react negatively when someone dares to have an opinion that differs from yours? Or when someone dares to set (and talk about) different personal nutritional guidelines? Do you expect to hold the floor in conversations and allow no one else to speak?

Before anyone posts that there is "history", I have a question. Does "history" give any of us carte blanche to respond to other posts/forum members with derision simply because of "history"? At what point does that privilege kick in? And is the privilege "self-awarded"?

On this thread it looks as if the only thing that Poster #2 could have done to avoid derision was (1) agree or (2) not post. It makes me wonder if a similar post from any other poster would have been met with the same response.
    Cindy
    9/23/10 = 187
    7/13/11 = 124 = GOAL!!!!

Like 464 Times in 321 Posts

Cindy - you've been missed!
    ~~AT~~

Maintaining my weight loss since July 2009!

Like 1,265 Times in 735 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cindylouwho57 View Post
    I'm curious what sort of conversations some of you have out in the non-virtual world. Are you surrounded by yes women (or men)? I'm sure not. It certainly seems that on the boards there are some folks that expect to be able to make a statement and hear NOTHING but concurring opinions. Nice gig, if you can get it.

I've been away from the boards for several weeks because of a crazy schedule. Decide to catch up today and what do I see? A post about a product to incorporate into the NS diet. Obviously, the OP likes the product and thinks the stats are good. So far so good.

A post from Poster #2 saying that. . . for her . . . the product has too little protein, too much fat. Okay, so far that seems like "conversation" to me. Cool.

Then the OP replies with a bit of snark. (Or if talking about a non-virtual conversation I would say replies with an edge in his/her voice). Apparently, the OP doesn't like it that the Poster #2 has voiced that the new product does not meet her own personal guidelines. Now I'm puzzled. Why does the OP care if Poster #2 has different personal guidelines? Doesn't the OP routinely post that each person should run their program in the way that works best for them?

The OP appears to ridicule Poster #2 by calling them (or their post) laughable. Is the OP saying that Poster #2's personal guidelines are laughable? Or is the OP saying it is laughable that Poster #2 shared her personal guidelines? Or is the OP ridiculing someone/something else? I'm so confused.

I repeat, I wonder what sort of conversations some of you have in the non-virtual world? Do you react negatively when someone dares to have an opinion that differs from yours? Or when someone dares to set (and talk about) different personal nutritional guidelines? Do you expect to hold the floor in conversations and allow no one else to speak?

Before anyone posts that there is "history", I have a question. Does "history" give any of us carte blanche to respond to other posts/forum members with derision simply because of "history"? At what point does that privilege kick in? And is the privilege "self-awarded"?

On this thread it looks as if the only thing that Poster #2 could have done to avoid derision was (1) agree or (2) not post. It makes me wonder if a similar post from any other poster would have been met with the same response.

Thank you Cindy, for so effectively saying what many of us were thinking.
    Welcome back!

Like 144 Times in 85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Kristi- View Post

The BoomChickPop has too much fat (7g), but the Nutrisystem popcorn is okay with 7g of fat? That must be the new math that is being taught to the youngsters. The stats on both products are nearly identical.

Testing ... the sky is blue.

It's reminds me of an old saying... "Confucius say..better to keep mouth shut and let people think you're a fool, than open it and remove all doubt".
    "I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.....the sinners are much more fun". (Billy Joel)

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." (Winston Churchill)