Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Dinner Substitutes?

I am going on Dinners On Your Own and plan on making most of my own food for dinner and know the Nutrisystem stats.

The question I have is when I'm on the go... does anyone have any suggestions for substitutes for the Nutrisystem dinners like frozen dinners or bars that meet the requirements?

I don't plan on doing that much but want something as a back up so I don't go off plan.

Thanks for any suggestions! Jen

Like 1,176 Times in 831 Posts

Michelle made up this chart that you can take along with you to the store to compare. It's best to also look for low GI meals, such as meals that have wheat noodles or rice, etc. Kashi makes a bunch of whole grain ones and sometimes I'll have the Lean Cuisine Chicken in Peanut Sauce because it's made with wheat noodles.

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

The Hokey Pokey Clinic - a place to turn yourself around.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

Like 4,462 Times in 2,691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maui1Love View Post
    I am going on Dinners On Your Own and plan on making most of my own food for dinner and know the Nutrisystem stats.

The question I have is when I'm on the go... does anyone have any suggestions for substitutes for the Nutrisystem dinners like frozen dinners or bars that meet the requirements?

I don't plan on doing that much but want something as a back up so I don't go off plan.

Thanks for any suggestions! Jen
    I have a list of frozen dinners that fit the stats for an NS dinner entree. If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send it to you.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks dmw66 and Michelle! Michelle, I sent you a private message, looking forward to your list.

Like 1,176 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maui1Love View Post
    Thanks dmw66 and Michelle! Michelle, I sent you a private message, looking forward to your list.
    The Lean Cuisine Chicken in Peanut Sauce is on that list. That's where I originally found out about it.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

The Hokey Pokey Clinic - a place to turn yourself around.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmw66 View Post
    Michelle made up this chart that you can take along with you to the store to compare. It's best to also look for low GI meals, such as meals that have wheat noodles or rice, etc. Kashi makes a bunch of whole grain ones and sometimes I'll have the Lean Cuisine Chicken in Peanut Sauce because it's made with wheat noodles.

THANK YOU.. I love this !

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you get dessert with this plan? If not, how do you incorporate it?

Like 295 Times in 212 Posts

Yep, look at the chart, it has the dessert stats. NS provides a dessert with their food.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoofGirl View Post
    Do you get dessert with this plan? If not, how do you incorporate it?
    You get everything but dinner so you eat according to the plan with your veggies, power fuels and smart carb instead. And in a bind I have bought Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice and Smart One's frozen entrees that meet the nutrition stats listed in this post. I'm much happier so far doing dinners on my own, I wasn't a fan of the dinners but love all of the other food.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

My husband just switched to Dinners on Your Own. I'm going over to my own thread to post about it.