Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question What can be eaten/drunk for fuel/protein

I have protein bars about 15 grams protein,about. 120 calories each. Also smoothie drinks. Can these be used for protein fuel? Can I add fruit to the smoothie? Would you call me I have many questions. 865 938-3456

Like 161 Times in 119 Posts

The protein bars are the right calories but look at the rest of the stats. What about sugar (carbs) and fat. They should all match NS stats.

73 years young, joined at age 66, October '06.
    Always trying to lose more. I eat NS about 50% now.
    GOAL reached, 170 -50 8/2007 first 10 months (40 weeks)

Like 837 Times in 534 Posts

Welcome to Nutrisystem, shirleyann48! Congrats on making the decision to improve your health. You picked a fabulous plan - I hope you enjoy Nutrisystem and have great success.

Call the Nutrisystem counselors or dietitians for more information on your plan. You can eat your SmartCarbs whenever you desire, and fruit is a wonderful SmartCarb to add to the protein shakes. I do it often.

My getting started tips and advice are located in Kristi's Guide to Nutrisystem Weight Loss and Maintenance.
    You will find lots of great support and information among your fellow members, too!

EAT healthy, TRAIN daily, keep a WINning attitude and you will succeed with Nutrisystem!
    .....Click to stay connected:
    .... ......

Click Here For a Healthy Dose of Motivation: Kristi's Tips and Inspirations for Weight Loss and Maintenance.

My posts are based upon my experiences as a regular user of Nutrisystem, just like you!
    I do not work for Nutrisystem. For official information, contact the incredible Nutrisystem counselors.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Kristi- View Post
    Welcome to Nutrisystem, shirleyann48! Congrats on making the decision to improve your health. You picked a fabulous plan - I hope you enjoy Nutrisystem and have great success.

Call the Nutrisystem counselors or dietitians for more information on your plan. You can eat your SmartCarbs whenever you desire, and fruit is a wonderful SmartCarb to add to the protein shakes. I do it often.

My getting started tips and advice are located in Kristi's Guide to Nutrisystem Weight Loss and Maintenance.
    You will find lots of great support and information among your fellow members, too!

EAT healthy, TRAIN daily, keep a WINning attitude and you will succeed with Nutrisystem!
    How do you do that - add fruit to the protein shake? Do you blend the NS protein shake powder with water and fruit in the blender?

Like 837 Times in 534 Posts

Yes, I blend frozen fruit with the protein shake. There are many recipes in this thread:

http://boards.members.nutrisystem.co...ht=we+love+our

Enjoy!
    .....Click to stay connected:
    .... ......

Click Here For a Healthy Dose of Motivation: Kristi's Tips and Inspirations for Weight Loss and Maintenance.

My posts are based upon my experiences as a regular user of Nutrisystem, just like you!
    I do not work for Nutrisystem. For official information, contact the incredible Nutrisystem counselors.

Like 415 Times in 311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyann48 View Post
    I have protein bars about 15 grams protein,about. 120 calories each. Also smoothie drinks. Can these be used for protein fuel? Can I add fruit to the smoothie? Would you call me I have many questions. 865 938-3456
    You're going to have to call or e-mail Nutrisystem. They're not going to call you.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

The Hokey Pokey Clinic - a place to turn yourself around.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

Like 1,233 Times in 762 Posts

And I don't think posting your phone # on a public board is something you want to do.
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

Like 36 Times in 31 Posts

Hi ShirleyAnne,
    It looks as if the protein bars will fit as a PowerFuel (general guidelines: 80-120 calories and at least 5 g of protein). Can you post the stats for the smoothies? Some varieties are higher in carbohydrate and low in protein.
    Fruit (SmartCarb serving) can be blended into a protein shake.
    Counseling will be happy to answer all of your questions. Phone us at 800-585-5483, option 3.
    Nutrition & Dietary Services

You can also email program related questions to:

dietaryservices@nutrisystem.com