Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 35 Times in 15 Posts

Default Target-Sale on Zone bars!

Target has a really good sale on Zone meal replacement bars this week if anyone is interested. High in protein. Most ranging 9-14 gms. Other stats look pretty comparable to NS trail mix and fudge graham bars. Price varies but all under $1.00 each.. If you buy 4 boxes of Zone bars you get a $5.00 gift card. I also got 5 Cliff MOJO trail mix bars (on sale for 99 cents) for free! I love deals. Happy flexing

Like 15 Times in 11 Posts

What other foods do you buy as substitutes. I'm going out of town Friday and don't have enough food to bring with me for 5 days. My next shipment of NS isn't going to get here in time. Help!!

Like 35 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by activeNsporty1 View Post
    What other foods do you buy as substitutes. I'm going out of town Friday and don't have enough food to bring with me for 5 days. My next shipment of NS isn't going to get here in time. Help!!
    For breakfast I like 2 Van's Powergrain waffles and 1 TBSP Peanut butter. Sometimes I eat I slice Ezekial bread toasted with Jimmy Deans turkey sausage links and 1 poached egg. Lunch is a meal replacement bar and a salad with 2oz protein or Progresso Light soup. A good flex dinner for me is turkey meatballs ( or low fat chicken sausage), and homemade tomato sauce with 1/2c wheat spaghetti. I like to cook when I have time but have to use portion controlled meals. Check Target for Annie's Organic microwave mac & cheese. I add 2 oz crabment to the white chedder (only about 80 cal). I eat low salt green beans alot when I don't have time to cook. Kashi makes some good snack subs. Annie's popcorn and Laughing cow chocolate is NS friendly too. Just check your portions and NS stats. There's a list of NS friendly meals somewhere on this site too. This is just what I like.
    Last edited by farfalla35; 08-28-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Like 1,291 Times in 750 Posts

You might want to check out the 5 day Nutrisystem packs that are sold at many Walmarts. Great for when you're traveling!

I will check to see if there is a Walmart nearby the ocean. If not I plan on hitting the grocery store right when I get off the plane!

Like 1,291 Times in 750 Posts

I will check to see if there is a Walmart nearby the ocean. If not I plan on hitting the grocery store right when I get off the plane!
    Here's a link to the Walmart stores that sell them. http://www.nutrisystem.com/pdf/walma...ation_list.pdf

Glad I checked list! Thanks for tip

Like 10 Times in 8 Posts

Lightbulb

I sometimes buy the Walmart 5-Day NS box when I travel. Also there are $5 off coupons until Sept. That makes the box drop from $45 down to $40. It is about $8 a day which is competitive pricing!
    Last edited by -Deb; 08-28-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    -Deb

Like 1,199 Times in 776 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Deb View Post
    I sometimes buy the Walmart 5-Day NS box when I travel. Also there are $5 off coupons until Sept. That makes the box drop from $45 down to $40. It is about $8 a day which is competitive pricing!
    -Deb. I agree about the box and traveling; I used one too when I drove to Florida in spring. Can you post a link to the $5 off coupon? I'd consider buying another for my next travel adventure if I had the coupon. Thanks.

Like 17 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farfalla35 View Post
    Target has a really good sale on Zone meal replacement bars this week if anyone is interested. High in protein. Most ranging 9-14 gms. Other stats look pretty comparable to NS trail mix and fudge graham bars. Price varies but all under $1.00 each.. If you buy 4 boxes of Zone bars you get a $5.00 gift card. I also got 5 Cliff MOJO trail mix bars (on sale for 99 cents) for free! I love deals. Happy flexing
    I often use Luna bars for replacement lunch bars, they generally have 180 calories with about 9 grams protein and they come in several flavors I love. I have not tried Zone bars but I'm always looking for variety. Do you have any Zone bar flavors that you recommend?