Discussion Boards

Thread: Eggs

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Eggs

In the book it says you can have 1 egg as a PF. It also states to limit egg yokes to 2 times a week. A PF should be between 80-120 calories. 1 egg is not a lot when pared with the little amount you have to eat so I will just be hungry in an hour or so. Specifically when I eat an egg white and say a cinnamon bun bar. So is it acceptable if I do 1 whole egg and 2 or 2 egg whites. That would be 104 or 121 calories. I did do that this morning and added green bell peppers to it. So I hope that would be ok and I am not stressing over an extra calorie. But 1 egg and 2 whites was a very satiating amount. So my question is this..is it ok to use as any egg whites as long as you don't go over 120 calories or are you only suppose to do 1 egg?

Like 267 Times in 165 Posts

That is fine. They only say to limit egg yolks because of the cholesterol. You can have more than that if cholesterol isn't a problem for you.
    cgbinky aka Jan

Like 80 Times in 70 Posts

Hello MissyAnn,

Jan is correct, egg whites are fine to use as your PowerFuel but if you are concerned about cholesterol you will want to limit the amount of egg yokes you are consuming.
    Last edited by Dietary_Services1; 10-01-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Nutrition & Dietary Services

You can also email program related questions to:

dietaryservices@nutrisystem.com

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh my goodness! The "m" on my keyboard sticks. So my question ended up being me asking if I can use egg whites. That was suppose to say is if ok if I use as Many as I can. Like 7 egg whites for 1 pf.

Like 239 Times in 128 Posts

A PF is between 80 and 120 calories with at least 5 g of protein. Use as many as you like within that range.

Whatever I weigh when my thighs quit rubbing - that's my goal.

>>> No matter what else you read, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS read nutrition labels!<<<

Like 66 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissyAnn1983 View Post
    Oh my goodness! The "m" on my keyboard sticks. So my question ended up being me asking if I can use egg whites. That was suppose to say is if ok if I use as Many as I can. Like 7 egg whites for 1 pf.
    It might be easier for you to use Egg Beaters or some other egg substitute. They are egg whites with the work of separating the yolk already done. I have eaten a lot of these since starting NS. You can have a whole cup of egg substitute. Or, maybe, a half cup and put some fat free or reduced fat cheese on top to round out your PF. I like to sauté mushrooms and spinach in a skillet before adding the egg substitute. You can use unlimited vegetables to you hearts content and make an egg dish that is just right for you.

willow

NS Start Date 05/06/2013

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willowriver View Post
    It might be easier for you to use Egg Beaters or some other egg substitute. They are egg whites with the work of separating the yolk already done. I have eaten a lot of these since starting NS. You can have a whole cup of egg substitute. Or, maybe, a half cup and put some fat free or reduced fat cheese on top to round out your PF. I like to sauté mushrooms and spinach in a skillet before adding the egg substitute. You can use unlimited vegetables to you hearts content and make an egg dish that is just right for you.
    I don't mind doing the work of separating the whites from the yoke.

I just wanted to make sure what I was doing was ok.