Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like 42 Times in 20 Posts

Default New Plans in 2014? I'm scared....

I just restarted this week. I am 100 percent committed this time and I love the Men's Core Plan and the SS items. I keep hearing rumblings of new plans and an overhaul and it really scares me. I would hate to have the rug pulled out from under me and them no longer offering the SS items or no longer shipping through the mail.....ugh I hate knowing...I would hate to have great success for 3 months then everything change.

Like 1,717 Times in 977 Posts

Nutrisystem is NOT discontinuing the shelf-stable program or discontinuing its core distribution line (direct marketing). Don't worry!

The changes revealed sound great. More customization and no more feeling of "one-size-fits-all." Hang in there and you may be pleasantly surprised.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 4,640 Times in 2,796 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasonfit2013 View Post
    I just restarted this week. I am 100 percent committed this time and I love the Men's Core Plan and the SS items. I keep hearing rumblings of new plans and an overhaul and it really scares me. I would hate to have the rug pulled out from under me and them no longer offering the SS items or no longer shipping through the mail.....ugh I hate knowing...I would hate to have great success for 3 months then everything change.
    I hear ya. Change isn't fun for most of us. But I have to hope that the changes will be an improvement once we get used to them. I sure won't promise that , but I'm hoping.

I hope NS doesn't get so excited making more flexibility and customization that they lose what I think is their biggest selling point. Structure and Convenience. If you don't need structure and rules, then why would you buy NS? If you were good at making healthy choices and portions, why would you buy NS? This program (5 years ago) was perfect for me. Not a lot of thinking or planning. Just followed the rules.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 10 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Kristi- View Post
    Nutrisystem is NOT discontinuing the shelf-stable program or discontinuing its core distribution line (direct marketing). Don't worry!

The changes revealed sound great. More customization and no more feeling of "one-size-fits-all." Hang in there and you may be pleasantly surprised.
    Taking your word on this, Kristi! I am adjusting my attitude for something BETTER. Gotta have faith in the Nutri-system that they want to keep people happy.
    -Deb

Quote Originally Posted by -Deb View Post
    Taking your word on this, Kristi! I am adjusting my attitude for something BETTER. Gotta have faith in the Nutri-system that they want to keep people happy.
    Nutrisystem is a public company and must always base decisions on how they will affect the financials and the ultimate stockholders. If the majority of the customers aren't happy, then the bottom line will suffer. Above everything else, Nutrisystem must provide a plan that people are successful in following.

Change takes time, but Nutrisystem has listened to members' requests in the past. We wanted a frozen option, we eventually got it. The Select plan further evolved into the addition of the My Way offering. Now, we can order any combination of shelf / frozen food at a set price.

Many members complain about certain segments of the plan, whether it be breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. My hope is that the move away from the "one-size-fits-all" approach means there will be more alternative programs such as Breakfast on Your Own, Lunch on Your Own and Frozen a la Carte. Each dieter should be able to do it "My Way" as the latest frozen offering permits.

None of us knows what goes on in the boardroom and what is behind the decisions to discontinue food. I am often accused of having inside information and I have none. Everything I know comes from public sources such as yesterday's earnings call. It is open to the public and you don't have to be a Nutrisystem member or stockholder to attend. Yesterday's disclosure of a $5 million settlement with a supplier may be the reason for discontinuing certain foods. Or it may not. Regardless, we still have over 120 foods to choose from, which is more than Jenny offers (last time I checked).
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 30 Times in 11 Posts

When do they typically announce the changes? I think WW does it in between Thanksgiving and Christmas to get people excited for post-holiday weight loss. Does NS follow the same guideline?

Like 108 Times in 43 Posts

if your committed it does not matter what you eat as long as you lose weight...commitment does not always taste good but making it to your goal is the best thing you have ever tasted

Like 718 Times in 373 Posts

I really really hope the change involves more vending of the entrees in supermarkets!!!
    CyberSally

Maintaining at 20+ pounds below goal since 2009!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberSally For This Useful Post:

doneweighting (11-05-2013)

Me, too, Sally!
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect

Like 4,640 Times in 2,796 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberSally View Post
    I really really hope the change involves more vending of the entrees in supermarkets!!!
    Yeah that would be nice. You still can't order frozen ala carte without having to buy a sampler with stuff in it you don't care for. That is the one change they could do that would make me happy. But even better -- if I could just buy it in the store that would save me shipping costs, too.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.