Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Nutrisystem Grocery Guide

On the Log Food page, the PDF file labeled:

Click here for a complete list of SmartCarbs, PowerFuels and more good-for-you grocery additions!

Can anyone else download this doc? Is it just me or does it bring up a forever loading blank doc?
    How can I get this list
    to take the grocery store & stock up on good healthy choices? I found it in the daily planner book, but the type is fairly small & it's not in a list format that I would like. Yes, I'm being little picky.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

Did you try it? It just brings up an error page for me.

http://content.nutrisystem.com/pdf/N...cery_Guide.pdf seems to be the forum's shorthand for:
    content.nutrisystem.com/pdf/Nutrisystem_Grocery_Guide.pdf
    which is the web address for the PDF file I posted above.

That's really annoying that the forum programming automatically shortens a web address with (...) making the link invalid.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Clearing my cache didn't work.

I know why the link you posted didn't work for me.
    As a safety measure, I never click on any link from anywhere. I always copy & paste them, it's such a habit I had forgotten I was doing it.

But on the forever loading doc I clicked on 'open w/another viewer'.
    This opened a download prompt which I saved.
    When I opened the downloaded file it actually loaded.

So I'm happy now.
    Thanks.

Last edited by white-wave; 11-02-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: remembered something

Like 216 Times in 158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by white-wave View Post
    Clearing my cache didn't work.

I know why the link you posted didn't work for me.
    As a safety measure, I never click on any link from anywhere. I always copy & paste them, it's such a habit I had forgotten I was doing it.

But on the forever loading doc I clicked on 'open w/another viewer'.
    This opened a download prompt which I saved.
    When I opened the downloaded file it actually loaded.

So I'm happy now.
    Thanks.
    Hello white-wave,

A very warm welcome from all of us at Nutrisystem! We're glad to hear you loaded the Grocery Guide successfully.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're more than happy to help.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Like 279 Times in 216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PamSB View Post
    Pam!!!! So good to see you back! You were an inspiration to me when I started back in 07/2008 and still are now! Hope to see you around!

Sheri (6'3")
    Type 1 Diabetic, Insulin Pump Therapy

My public blog: http://themotivationalgirl.blogspot.com

Member Spotlight
    I am very proud to be on the Member Spotlight Nutrisystem! Thank you so much for choosing my story! https://online.nutrisystem.com/nsmem...Id=4&sIndex=13

Nutrisystem recognized my story - Poison in my Veins

http://members.nutrisystem.com/Tips-...1.aspxMy Story

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post Starting NS tomorrow morning.... trying to get all my ducks in a row....

Hi,

I'm really excited about my starting of NS tomorrow morning. I just finished reading the resource guide, going over the daily planner, and putting together a grocery list..... and I have a question. I downloaded the NS grocery guide provided on this forum, and I see fruit juices listed on it generally in 1/2 cup increments, yet I just read on page 7 of the Resource guide that we need to limit Fruit Juices to 1 cup per week. Are the portion sizes listed in the Grocery Guide reflecting daily portions or weekly? Which should we go by?

Thanks, Wish me luck!

John, AKA Wood_chopper

Like 220 Times in 146 Posts

I think you will find that the grocery list is correct...1/2 cup is a SC serving. I have not read your guide book...but have heard NS recommend to mostly eat whole fruit rather than juice - more filling & nourishing I think. Personally I keep a bottle of oj on hand in case my bananas are not yet ripe - or I run out of fruit - etc. Occasionally I do enjoy a glass...seems to go best with certain breakfast meals.

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyFe View Post
    I think you will find that the grocery list is correct...1/2 cup is a SC serving. I have not read your guide book...but have heard NS recommend to mostly eat whole fruit rather than juice - more filling & nourishing I think. Personally I keep a bottle of oj on hand in case my bananas are not yet ripe - or I run out of fruit - etc. Occasionally I do enjoy a glass...seems to go best with certain breakfast meals.

Thanks GypsyFe, I want to get this right as I really want this to work. I'll go for the 1/2 cup, on juice days, and whole fruit on other days.... For the juice days, maybe I'll add a bunch of water to it... kill 2 birds with 1 stone... I hate water! lol