Discussion Boards

Like 6 Times in 6 Posts

Question Craving Crusher and EnergiZING Shakes

Good Morning Everyone!

All my food (both shelf stable and frozen) arrived last night so I have chosen today as my starting day - no time like the present!

I have decided not to do the Fast 5 - feel it's a bit too restrictive for me.

Since I don't want to waste the Craving Crusher and Energizing shakes that came with my order, is there a way I can incorporate them into the regular program?

I think I read somewhere on the boards that they were considered 1 Smart Carb + 1 Power Fuel but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance for your help and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coolzoo For This Useful Post:

m2marsh (01-11-2014)

Like 1,699 Times in 1,050 Posts

The information may be included on the box. The Craving Crusher shake is considered 1 PowerFuel and 1 SmartCarb. The Energizing shake is considered 1 PowerFuel.

An easy way to remember it is by the calories. The one with 100 calories counts as a PowerFuel. A PowerFuel serving averages 80 - 120 calories with a minimum of 5g of protein.

Check out the links in my signature for some helpful information. Make sure to give the counselors a call (1-800-585-5483) to go over the program, any questions you have and to double-check that you have the correct meal plan in terms of number of PowerFuel and SmartCarbs you should be adding.

Good luck!
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to losingw8now For This Useful Post:

coolzoo (01-11-2014)

Like 1,518 Times in 872 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolzoo View Post
    All my food (both shelf stable and frozen) arrived last night so I have chosen today as my starting day - no time like the present!

Welcome to Nutrisystem! Have you considered trying the Fast 5 for one day? You never know until you try it. Either way, I wish you much success on your journey to better health and happiness.
    Christie
    Living healthy and happy at 49.
    Click --> to become FB friends.

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 1,202 Times in 693 Posts

Good Morning Everyone!

Since I don't want to waste the Craving Crusher and Energizing shakes that came with my order, is there a way I can incorporate them into the regular program?

I think I read somewhere on the boards that they were considered 1 Smart Carb + 1 Power Fuel but I am not sure.

Losingw8now gave you good advice.
    From what I hear, the Craving Crusher is not too bad and can be used as a PowerFuel. I drink one of the NS regular shakes every morning and love starting my day with an easy high protein PF.
    The EnergiZing shake would count as a PF and SC. I probably would just give away or sell this on the Food for Sale thread. It just has too much caffeine (200 mg.) for my liking. If caffeine is not an issue for you, you could always incorporate it as a SC and PF.

Welcome!

Like 6 Times in 6 Posts

Hi losingw8now and thank you for all the great tips! I will definitely touch bases with the counselors to make sure I am taking in the proper amounts and types of all foods.

Hi Kristi - thank you for the warm welcome :-) one of the reasons I am not currently trying the Fast 5 is that my doctor has recommended I eat a banana everyday. There goes a SmartCarb! And also I am taking into account my current weight which 1000 calories might be way to low for me. I will give it careful consideration though.

Thanks again to both of you and have a great weekend!

Like 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khaki329 View Post
    From what I hear, the Craving Crusher is not too bad and can be used as a PowerFuel. I drink one of the NS regular shakes every morning and love starting my day with an easy high protein PF.
    The EnergiZing shake would count as a PF and SC. I probably would just give away or sell this on the Food for Sale thread. It just has too much caffeine (200 mg.) for my liking. If caffeine is not an issue for you, you could always incorporate it as a SC and PF.

Welcome!
    Thanks Khaki329 - I like your ideas! Have a super weekend!

Like 1,518 Times in 872 Posts

Hi Kristi - thank you for the warm welcome :-) one of the reasons I am not currently trying the Fast 5 is that my doctor has recommended I eat a banana everyday. There goes a SmartCarb! And also I am taking into account my current weight which 1000 calories might be way to low for me. I will give it careful consideration though.
    I would definitely stick to your doctor's advice and do whatever the two of you think is best for your particular situation.
    Christie
    Living healthy and happy at 49.
    Click --> to become FB friends.

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 1,699 Times in 1,050 Posts

Hi losingw8now and thank you for all the great tips! I will definitely touch bases with the counselors to make sure I am taking in the proper amounts and types of all foods.

Thanks again to both of you and have a great weekend!
    I just saw your ticker. With more than 100 lbs to lose, you should be adding more food to the program. You probably are on a 1,500 calorie plan with 4 PowerFuels and 2 SmartCarbs. Definitely check with the counselors though.
    Send the perpetrator back to jail!

Useful links: Grocery Guide; Brand Name Shopping List; and Low Sodium Version
    ................. Sample Menus: Women; Men

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama

This signature has just wasted approximately 2.5 seconds of your time.

Like 3,690 Times in 2,219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khaki329 View Post

Welcome!
    It is the other way around. The Energizing one is just a PF.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 3,690 Times in 2,219 Posts

Good Morning Everyone!

Wise choice. I'd use the shakes throughout your journey when the mood strikes. Like in a day where you are behind in your food, and need a quick PowerFuel and SmartCarb combo (the Craving Crusher one). And the Energizing can be used anytime as a PowerFuel.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.