Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like 4 Times in 4 Posts

Default DAY ONE - Feeling hungry :(

Hi Everyone. I'm Carolina. Today is day one and although I am trying to stay positive, I must say I am really hungry But, I will stick to it. It has to work. Good luck to everyone.

Like 2 Times in 1 Post

Hi Carolina! I'm only on my fifth day and I have to say that as long as you keep up with the shakes/meals on a solid schedule the hunger will subside! I had to eat Panera due to a plumbing incident and no water inmy house today, but I did notice that my stomach has shrunk and I wasn't able to eat anywhere near close to what I used to be. That was a great feeling! and if nothing else, my appetite is shrinking, which was my worst enemy!! Keep it up, it'll get easier, I promise! Also, if you find yourself needing a snack we can have endless veggies or trick your belly and drink a glass of water. That helps too!

Nikki

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threeriversnb For This Useful Post:

csimoes (01-14-2014),Treesplace (01-15-2014)

Like 244 Times in 151 Posts

Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables. Non-starchy vegetables are your BFF through this rough time.
    cgbinky aka Jan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cgbinky For This Useful Post:

JaciGal (01-15-2014)

Like 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hi Nikki,

thanks for the reply.I did not have any shakes. I was not sure how to fit them in the menu. I went into the "logmy food" area, and it says smart carb, and power food, etc, so after I picked from those lists, if I were to drink the shakes, I would pass the 1200 calorie for the day. How do you use the shakes? SHould I not use the smart carbs and etc?

Like 4 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks cgbinky But won't that make me pass the 1200 calories?

Like 4 Times in 4 Posts

How do I get one of these weight stickers by the way?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm on day two. Started with the Fast 5. No dessert for 7 days!!

Like 2 Times in 1 Post

The weight stickers are under the "Tickers" tab. You can make all sorts of them for each tracker you'd like!

As far as the shakes go, for my first week I haven't been adding the smartcarbs but instead having the shakes as my "snack" or "powerfuel" and not eating dessert.

Like 1,215 Times in 701 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csimoes View Post
    Thanks cgbinky But won't that make me pass the 1200 calories?
    If you are not doing the Fast 5, then you do not have to drink the shakes. You need to add (in addition to the SmartCarbs and PowerFuels) at least 4 servings of veggies. You may have more if you like. Nutrisystem is not a calorie counting program. The new My Way Plan titles do not help with this point. Eat all your required foods. If you need more veggies, eat them. It is very unlikely that you will hit 1200 exactly. Veggies are unlimited.

Like 145 Times in 77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csimoes View Post
    Hi Nikki,

thanks for the reply.I did not have any shakes. I was not sure how to fit them in the menu. I went into the "logmy food" area, and it says smart carb, and power food, etc, so after I picked from those lists, if I were to drink the shakes, I would pass the 1200 calorie for the day. How do you use the shakes? SHould I not use the smart carbs and etc?
    Did you read through the information that came with your food? Are you doing Fast 5 or straight to the My Way plan? You need to look through the information before you continue, make sure that is priority #1, priority #2 will be to call a counselor. It sounds like you are not eating enough food. There is no calorie counting on NS, the meals take that out of the equation, and you should be averaging anywhere from 1250-1500 cals depending on which plan you are on. I urge you to call and speak to a counselor, they are VERY helpful

~Melissa

Alcohol is one of my weaknesses, so I have made my new goal..
    I will not consume any alcohol until I can do so in a bikini