Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein shakes

Like 21 Times in 17 Posts

Default Protein shakes

Hello. I am on Fast Five. I am really enjoying the shakes and would like to add something similar when I start My Way. I understand there are NS shakes that count as one PF. Are there any other comparable powder-based shakes I can buy in the store that provide a similar calorie count and level of protein?

Like 1,721 Times in 981 Posts

Yes! I use MetRx, Jay Robb and EAS protein powder. You can find many other brands, too.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Are these available at, say, Walmart or GNC or Target? And are they 120 cals or less? I just want to use them to count as one PF ... thanks!

Like 1,721 Times in 981 Posts

Sorry, Miltonia, I don't know if you can buy them at those stores. I purchase my MetRx at Trader Joe's, Jay Robb at Whole Foods, and EAS on Amazon.
    Christie Miller
    Healthy Living Architect
    Click --> to connect on FB

I'm a Nutrisystem success story. I do not work for the company. Contact Nutrisystem for official information.

Like 191 Times in 124 Posts

Ckeck WalMart pharmacy section - they seem to have big supply of powders - I buy ready made drinks to use as PFs.

Like 133 Times in 82 Posts

I get Jay Robb at our grocery store and I think I have seen it at Walmart. It is 110 calories per serving. Tastes real close to the NS vanilla protein shakes.

Thanks. I looked online and saw one called PURE Protein that was 120 cals and 19g protein. As long as it's 120 cals or less, it's one PF, right? I'll be looking this week for a good protein powder. Thank you!

Like 277 Times in 182 Posts

GNC has EAS ; also a shake called Total Lean Lean Shake ( their product and meets stats). Check Target as well. Must say, I've tried many other brands and find NS to be the creamiest, thickest.
    Archy (Lee)

Thanks. I actually went to walmart this morning and bought EAS LEAN chocolate fudge. It has 100 calories for two scoops (if I am reading it right), 15 or 20 g protein, and 2 g of sugar. Not sure how it will taste, but now I have a month of these to try! I think it counts as ONE PF since it has 100 cals. ANyone try the EAS Lean and do you like it?

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonia View Post
    Thanks. I actually went to walmart this morning and bought EAS LEAN chocolate fudge. It has 100 calories for two scoops (if I am reading it right), 15 or 20 g protein, and 2 g of sugar. Not sure how it will taste, but now I have a month of these to try! I think it counts as ONE PF since it has 100 cals. ANyone try the EAS Lean and do you like it?
    Was curious about your opinion of the EAS LEAN chocolate fudge shake. I would like to find something similar to the NS powdered chocolate protein shake.