Discussion Boards

Like 2 Times in 1 Post

Default Nutrisystem Shakes from Wal-Mart?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm out of the NS Shake Mix (which I love btw I know I'm weird lol) and my next order doesn't ship til april 7 so I was wondering if the Nutrisystem they sell at wal-mart is the same as the mix? It comes in a bottle already mixed just hoping it's pretty much the same thing as the protein mix, as least that would tie me over til my next shipment lol.
    Thanks everyone!

Like 814 Times in 528 Posts

If I recall it correctly, and I haven't looked at it in a while, it's a lot more calories so it's not a powerfuel but instead it's an entire meal replacement. If I am mistakenly remembering this, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Like 1,235 Times in 712 Posts

I believe the Walmart shakes count as 1 PowerFuel plus 1 SmartCarb. (and as a NS breakfast or lunch replacement - not an ideal use IMHO)

Remember, you can always move your order up to ship earlier if you'd like. (via Delay My Order).

Last edited by khaki329; 03-20-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaki329 View Post

Remember, you can always move your order up to ship earlier if you'd like. (via Delay My Order).
    Or you can have any other powerfuel instead of a milk shake or you can purchase some NS shakes from people here on the board selling them.

Like 2 Times in 1 Post

Thanks everyone, your right about the wal-mart shakes I looked at the calories and they are alot higher than the protein mix and would be consider a meal replacement. Don't really want to move my order up cause I still have plenty of food and my new freezer won't be here til the 31th & I won't have anywhere to put my frozen lol, guess I'll just have to wait or see if I can find any for sale here or on ebay.
    Thanks again

Like 4,393 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kandiejr12 View Post
    Thanks everyone, your right about the wal-mart shakes I looked at the calories and they are alot higher than the protein mix and would be consider a meal replacement. Don't really want to move my order up cause I still have plenty of food and my new freezer won't be here til the 31th & I won't have anywhere to put my frozen lol, guess I'll just have to wait or see if I can find any for sale here or on ebay.
    Thanks again
    You can get a good protein shake at most grocery stores. Just look for something with similar stats to the NS ones: 110-120 calories, less than 2.5 grams fat, less than 12 grams of carbs, at least 15 grams of protein, less than 200 mg sodium, less that 8 grams of sugar.

By the way, I love the NS shakes. I think a lot of people do. It is the newer EnergiZING and Craving Crusher that are getting mixed reviews.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 71 Times in 42 Posts

If you are in a pinch and really want to have shakes, you could use the EAS Advantedge shakes. Walmart should have them. They are only 100-110 calories, 17 grams of protein, 2.5 grams of fat, 0 grams of sugar, 2-4 grams of carb, sodium is a little high at 430 mgs; however, these shakes also contain 340 mg potassium to help balance out the sodium level. They come in chocolate, vanilla, fudge, cafe caramel, and strawberry. They taste pretty good when they are nice and cold.

Last edited by HappyHippieChick; 03-20-2014 at 12:47 PM.

I'm pretty sure that the Muscle Milk Light ones - the ones that are 100 calories - fit the stats for a PF too. I've seen them at Wal-Mart.