Discussion Boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy

Like 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Where to buy

I hope this is where I should post this! Other than the jumpstart boxes at Walmart, where else can I find NS foods? It's too much at once out of my budget to buy through NS, but I wanted to be able to get things other than what's in the Walmart boxes. Any help would be great!!

Like 1,292 Times in 751 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suzanneolden View Post
    I hope this is where I should post this! Other than the jumpstart boxes at Walmart, where else can I find NS foods? It's too much at once out of my budget to buy through NS, but I wanted to be able to get things other than what's in the Walmart boxes. Any help would be great!!
    Other than a small number of independent Pharmacies, Craiglist and eBay, I don't know of any others. Target is supposed to start some time in the future. Big Lots used to have them, but hasn't for a long time.
    There are also people on the forums here selling food. Check out the Food for Sale thread.
    You may want to also check out QVC online.

The NS gift cards at Costco are on sale until March 30 ($100 card for $59.99) so that's a big savings off your order through NS. Doing that with Auto Delivery is about the best deal in my opinion.

Like 3 Times in 3 Posts

No Costco near me Maybe I'll check online there. That would be enough of a savings that I could do it!

Like 3 Times in 3 Posts

You can buy them online and it is free shipping!

Like 1,292 Times in 751 Posts

No Costco near me Maybe I'll check online there. That would be enough of a savings that I could do it!
    Yes, you can buy them online. Even if you choose to not become a Costco member, you can still buy them online (with a $4 surcharge added to each one for non-members). A membership is $55 if you choose to buy one.

Like 5,051 Times in 3,055 Posts

eBay and Craig's List. Often, you can score NS food on either of these sites from those that quit. The price is usually WAY low. But be careful. That stuff could have been sitting in their basement for 3 years and be expired. So ask the seller to read to you an assortment of the printed dates on the food they are selling. Here is a decoder:

These days, many of the Success food has a Use By date on them that is fairly easy to decipher. The older foods were a little more tricky.

Items that have two letters followed by 5 numbers. The letters represent the plant where it was made. The first 2 numbers are the month, next two numbers are the day and the last number is the year the item was packaged. Each item is supposed to stay fresh 12 to 18 months. This is a packaging date system, not a best by date as listed on some products. For example AB01019, your package was made at plant AB on January 1, 2009.

There is another system of dating using the Julian date. If you have 5 numbers a space and then more number with a semicolon, then the first two numbers are the year, the next three the day of the year, and the last numbers are the military time the food was packaged.

For example if this was your code 07179 18:25, then your product was manufactured on the 179th day of 2007 at 6:25 p.m.

Lost 45 pounds and maintaining since 4/2/09

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 3 Times in 3 Posts

Michelle, you are just a font of information! Thanks!! Can you help with this? I am on my own this weekend (jumpstart box ran out) and will be running with my daughter's indoor color guard unit (all day competition). Is there anywhere to find a list of fast food and how to eat smart? Something I could print and go would be a godsend!

Michelle, you are just a font of information! Thanks!! Can you help with this? I am on my own this weekend (jumpstart box ran out) and will be running with my daughter's indoor color guard unit (all day competition). Is there anywhere to find a list of fast food and how to eat smart? Something I could print and go would be a godsend!
    Fast food is generally not a great idea. But if you must, you must. This link might help... http://members.nutrisystem.com/Tips-...out-guide.aspx

Any advice or information I provide either on discussion boards, inbox messages, PMs, or e-mail is based on my personal knowledge, experience and observations. I don't work for Nutrisystem. I'm a member just like you. Only NS employees can make official NS statements.

Like 3 Times in 3 Posts

It won't be anywhere near a regular thing, but without any to take with me (or anywhere to heat up foods) it's going to be that or not eat! Hopefully Chick-fil-a since they have good salads and other choices.

It won't be anywhere near a regular thing, but without any to take with me (or anywhere to heat up foods) it's going to be that or not eat! Hopefully Chick-fil-a since they have good salads and other choices.
    Well, that is the LAST place I'd pick. But that's for political reasons....