Discussion Boards

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default What drinks are allowed on nutrisystem?

Hi, am new to nutrisystem and would like to know what beverages are permitted on the system, for example diet sodas, fruit juice, reduced fat chocolate milk- are any of these allowed? Also is alcohol strictly forbidden throughout? I don't drink tea or coffee, usually drink the aforementioned and flavored water.. thank you

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emsko View Post
    Hi, am new to nutrisystem and would like to know what beverages are permitted on the system, for example diet sodas, fruit juice, reduced fat chocolate milk- are any of these allowed? Also is alcohol strictly forbidden throughout? I don't drink tea or coffee, usually drink the aforementioned and flavored water.. thank you
    Go to My Program (above) and click on Recommended Grocery Foods
    Kitti

Like 5 Times in 1 Post

0 calorie drinks are ok. 0 cal 0 sodium drinks are better and count towards your 64 oz of water (which you do want to drink daily as a minimum). Pure water is best. Fruit juices (half a cup) count as a fruit serving. Fat free milk counts as a dairy, and you can add sugar free syrups like vanilla to sweeten it. SF vanilla syrup can usually be found near the coffee. Alcohol will slow down your weight loss, so it's up to you if it's forbidden. If you do drink alcohol, it's better to mix it with club soda or diet coke, or to have a glass of wine. You don't want anything like margaritas or daiquiris, since they have a lot of sugar.
    I'm on maintenance. Please disregard anything I say.

5/29/08 17.5% body fat percentage