Discussion Boards

Thread: Pcos

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Pcos

I have PCOS & struggle to lose weight. I have lost 18 pounds in the last 6 months, but have hit a plateau & am considering joining Nutrisystem. If you have PCOS, can you tell me about your experience with Nutrisystem? Did you do the Diabetic program? Has it worked for you?

Thanks!

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi -
    I have PCOS and have tried EVERYTHING!!! My Doctor even put me on Medifast at one point but it was terrible (ALL "shakes" and soups!). My dd talked me into trying NS after seeing an infomercial for it and i was SO reluctant but desperate. I started looking into it last Jan and finally ordered and started on April 1st. I actually LOST weight which was shocking and yet exciting. Things really started to slow down in Aug and Sept and I finally hit a stall that I thought would last FOREVER!!
    For financial reasons, I took a break and tried to do it on my own through the holidays.
    I still have a LONG way to go but I am committed to however long it takes simply because I feel better than I have in years!!
    Do you take Metformin? I think that is what really started my difficulty with losing!
    There are lots of ladies with PCOS on NS -- put in a search on the forums and you will see all of the threads!! It DOES work --
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

240/197/150
    Susie

Like 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have PCOS and lost on NS several yrs ago (about 40 lbs) - but it was difficult - 1 lb less/week sometimes.

I gained the weight back quickly though when I stopped following the plan strictly.

I'm back on it again - this time on Metformin as well - and also have started an exercise program. Its only been about 3 weeks, but I've lost about 12 lbs so far so I can't complain

But I actually FEEL much better this time around, the Met has also helped with other PCOS symptoms I was having, and the exercise (trying to get in a one hr cardio/weight lifting mix class 5 times per week) is helping a lot with stress relief too.

What I've found with Nutrisystem is that it works if you work the system as its written. The formula works. What doesn't work is when you start making up the meal plan as you go along - adding a bit here and some more there. WHen I've stuck to it, I've lost. When I've "cheated" it showed.

Good luck!

Michelle in NY
    198.8/187/135
    1st tried NS 2 yrs ago starting at 211 & lost 40 lbs